How to access administrative shares from a remote computer under Vista ?
Windows Vista prevents local administrators from using administrative priviledges over the network. This results in inability to remotely administer a comuter using administrative shares, such as C$, however it does not affect Remote Desktop in any way.
To allow local administrators to use their priviledges remotely, please follow these steps:
1. Click Start, type: regedit
2. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\system\
3. Right click a blank area in the right pane, and create a NEW DWORD value
4. Type: LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy
5. Assign a value of 1 to the newly created DWORD (double-click ot it, type 1 in the box, click OK).
6. Restart your computer.
Caution: Improperly modifying the Windows Registry can harm your system.