DOCSIS Dynamic Range Window Violation?
This error usually suggests that there is a signal or equipment problem. Possible causes for this could be ingress in the system, upstream power, SNR, or coax cabling related. It is often accompanied by DOCSIS T3 timeouts.
- make sure the signal levels are within specs (link below)
- shorten internal coaxial cable run as feasible, use only RG-6
- use taps instead of splitters between the drop and the cable modem.
- check all connectors for corrosion and tightness (prevents ingress)
- use FPAs (Forward Path Attenuators) to get downstream power down close to zero without affecting upstream power.
- replace cable modem
- possible old/defective run to the premises or issues at the tap, get a tech to check the line.
- get the drop to from the pole to your premises replaced, install a new grounding block.
What cable modem signal levels are considered good ?
DOCSIS T1, T2, T3, T4 Timeout Errors?