Editing the Registry for other Users
From an account with Administrator level access
1. Navigate to Start > Run and enter REGEDIT
2. Highlight the HKEY_USERS key and go to File > Load Hive
3. Use the File Open dialog to navigate to the "Documents and Settings" folder (where the account you wish to modify is). Open the NTUSER.DAT file in this folder (usually a hidden file).
4. You'll be prompted to enter a "Key name". You can use whatever you wish, but we recommend using the User logon name.
5. You can now expand the Hive you just loaded and make any needed changes.
6. When finished, highlight this Hive again and go to File > Unload Hive.
Important: You must unload the Hive prior to logging on to the users account. Otherwise Windows may have trouble loading the user profile.