Back in the saddle.

Chat forum for every auto enthusiast. Show off your ride and discuss anything related to cars, bikes, gas prices, etc.
brembo

Back in the saddle.

Post by brembo »

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! Back in the saddle again! After my 30mpg motox tree hugging incident doc said keep the brace on for 3 weeks. So I did, last two nights I have shucked the thing off in my sleep, guess my body knew it too. So today I drove my car(wuth both hands..yay) over to my friends house. I went there to learn how to administer thier cat it's medicine, as I'm taking care of it while they vacation. This same pal had my bike while I was injured....one thing lead to another and I ended up riding my bike home. About an hours ride, got home sore and a bit depressed. I was hoping that my arm would fair better.

One note is that I rode home in tennis shoes and regular pants, not something I do often. I was tense and a bit skittish. After a few hours at home the urge returned to ride some more. Got my leathers on and set off again. I went up highway 215 at a good clip, feeling much looser and confident. Actually scraped a peg once or twice and was hanging off the bike a good bit. Right hand turns hurt and I'm a bit wobbly, makes sense as I'm re-learnig the limits of my still gimped arm.

So, three days off and I have my bike back. I'm pretty stoked about that. The lingering depressed state my arm had me in is slowly dissolving. Amazing how important the little gasps of Zen are that a bike affords.

Gettin back in the gym will also do wonders for my flagging zest for life I think. I guess I took being healthy and strong for granted, not that my arm suddenly came back 100% overnight, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

A bit of emo/self-indulgent bs here, but yer reading it so shut up. Riding a street bike or motox machine is one of the most selfish things a person can do. It wraps you up in a cocoon of thought and warped perspective that allows for sustained inner peace and calmness. I have read that piloting a bike is one of the most mentally demanding tasks humans have devised. So many variables figure into a turn, from entry speed to the eventual roll-on of power as the apex slides by your knee. It is selfish because I do this for no one buy myself, it does no one any good but me. Guess I'm pretty selfish.

After typing this, I think I need another ride.
Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.
Chris
Location: Northern AB, CA, turn left Alaska, Turn right, Yukon Territoies

Post by Chris »

brembo wrote:Oh boy oh boy oh boy! Back in the saddle again! After my 30mpg motox tree hugging incident doc said keep the brace on for 3 weeks. So I did, last two nights I have shucked the thing off in my sleep, guess my body knew it too. So today I drove my car(wuth both hands..yay) over to my friends house. I went there to learn how to administer PAIN This same pal had my bike while I was injured....one thing lead to another and I ended up riding UNTILL i went home. About an hours ride, got home sore and a bit depressed. I was hoping that I would fair better.

One note is that I rode in tennis shoes and short, short pants, not something I do often. I was tense as a biotch. After a few hours I felt right at home and the the urge returned to ride some more. Got my leather chaps on and set off again. I went at a 215 pound dude at a good clip, feeling much looser and confident. Actually scraped my peg once or twice and was hanging off the dude for a good bit. Right hand grip hurt and I'm a bit wobbly, makes sense as I'm re-learnig the limits as I'm still a gimp.

So, three days off and I have my ride back. I'm pretty stoked about that. The lingerie depressed my state of mind but my right hand had me comming in no time. Amazing how important the little grasps of are .

Gettin back in the gym will also do wonders for my flogging zest for life I think, the muscle bound dudes in their tight, tight, shorts. I guess I took being healthy and strong for granted, not that my arm suddenly came back 100% overnight, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

A bit of emo/self-indulgent bs here, but yer reading it so shut up. Riding a man dude is one of the most selfish things a person can do. It wraps you up in a cocoon of thought and warped perspective that allows for sustained inner peace and calmness. I have read that piloting a man orgy is one of the most mentally demanding tasks humans have devised. So many variables figure into turning a straight dude gay, from entry speed to the eventual roll-on of power as the pecs slide by your knee. It is selfish because I do this for no one buy myself, it does no one any good but me. Guess I'm pretty selfish.

After typing this, I think I need another ride.
Fixed :D
brembo

Post by brembo »

Been drinkin Chris? :D
triniwasp

Post by triniwasp »

Good to hear your better. If your lookin to get back in shape, I'm sure Humby's mom will be happy to help. :D
Feelings about religion: I believe in a dogma-free personal Prime Mover.
Chris

Post by Chris »

triniwasp wrote: If your lookin to get back in shape, I'm sure Humby's mom will be happy to help. :D

Umm, Brembo likes Man Dudues...Dude!!!!
Chris

Post by Chris »

brembo wrote:Been drinkin Chris? :D

Hmmm,,,, ME?

No way, I gave up drinkin 15 minutes ago :D
triniwasp

Post by triniwasp »

Chris wrote:Umm, Brembo likes Man Dudues...Dude!!!!
After a drink or two he won't know the difference. Better yet he can call ahead and tell her not to shave. :D
Feelings about religion: I believe in a dogma-free personal Prime Mover.
Unholy

Post by Unholy »

Was the medicine a suppository? :D
"I was once banned from a bookstore for moving all the bibles to fiction"
Sarahnn

Post by Sarahnn »

I guess no one needs to tell you to be careful. :(
Croc

Post by Croc »

Good to see you up around and "back in the saddle" and following doctors orders (most of the time anyways). :thumb:

Now all you gotta do is control that need for speed around large imoveable objects.

Well done Brembo. :D
Croc.
It will be long, it will be hard and there will be no withdrawal.
Winston Churchill
Remember: Wherever you go in life, you take yourself with you.
minir

Post by minir »

Hi brembo

:thumb:

--

minir
MissTynker2

Post by MissTynker2 »

Pleased to hear you are able to ride once again...however it sounds to me now that you have been bitten by the "over-do" bug. Gotta watch those sneaky little critters! They sneak up on ya quietly, look harmless enough...then BAM!!....when ya least expect it. ;)
Mystical Folding Minx
blebs

Post by blebs »

[quote="MissTynker2"]Pleased to hear you are able to ride once again...however it sounds to me now that you have been bitten by the "over-do" bug. Gotta watch those sneaky little critters! They sneak up on ya quietly, look harmless enough...then BAM!!....when ya least expect it. ]
No kidding, and it generally packs a punch worse then the first!
Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates
brembo

Post by brembo »

God is mad at me for riding on sundays apparently. I managed to puncture a tire today. In 16 years of driving I have never had a flat while driving. So today in sweltering temps my rear decides to go flat while carving up some tasty mountain roads. I dunno how I held on to the bike, but I managed somehow. Limped to a gas station and plugged it enough to make it to a friends house. They are outta town for the week, so I stole thier car and came home. Cool thing is, my car is already at thier house, so I just pop back tomorrow and all is well.

New tire: 114.00
Mount: 20.00
Standing alone miles from civilization in a one piece leather suit in 90 degree weather with no cell service....priceless.
downhill

Post by downhill »

The good news is that some crazed meth head didn't abduct you and try to ransom you to SG members.
brembo

Post by brembo »

downhill wrote:The good news is that some crazed meth head didn't abduct you and try to ransom you to SG members.

Bah, methheads are not a worry. I'da ripped out his intestines, plugged the hole with that and used his lungs to inflate the tire.