Hells Angels sue Disney

Chat forum for every auto enthusiast. Show off your ride and discuss anything related to cars, bikes, gas prices, etc.
horsemen_

Hells Angels sue Disney

Post by horsemen_ »

Wild Hogs," which has not yet begun filming, is a story about "a group of middle-aged wannabe bikers look(ing) for adventure out on the open road, where they encounter a chapter of the Hells Angels," according to the tag line on Internet Movie Database ([url]http://www.imdb.com)[/url].

In the lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court of California on Wednesday, the Hells Angels Motorcycle Corp. said the characters in the movie are identified as members of the club and wear trademark logos, although in the suit the club said Disney had not given it a copy of the script.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060311/med ... _angels_dc

if they use the name and logo in the movie they have every right to sue if it is trademarked but seeing how its hasnt been filmed yet its a easy fix for Disney if i was them i would have waited till the movie was made and released to sue wear its to late for Disney to change it because as of now their do damage so nothing to sue for
thepieman

Post by thepieman »

If it was the other way around you know disney would be right up their butt with 20 lawyers following close by. Good for them. Disney protects all their trademarks agressively. Sounds like something the MPAA would do.

Pie
SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!
downhill

Post by downhill »

Eh? An outlaw gang has it's own registered trademark?

What a world...
thepieman

Post by thepieman »

downhill wrote:Eh? An outlaw gang has it's own registered trademark?

What a world...
They are probably Incorporated too.
SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!
horsemen_

Post by horsemen_ »

downhill wrote:Eh? An outlaw gang has it's own registered trademark?

What a world...

http://www.hells-angels.com

another story older tho
http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/20 ... gels_x.htm

Report: Hells Angels fight teens for their stolen skull

HELSINKI, Finland (AP) — When graduating from a high school called "Hellu," wearing a class shirt that reads "Hellus Angels" might seem like harmless school spirit — unless it's worn in a bar where Hells Angels members have strong feelings about trademark infringement.
After a student at the Helsinki school was pressured to hand over the shirt to two bikers at a local bar, the school received a request to collect all the remaining shirts and forfeit them to the Finland chapter of the Hells Angels motorcycle club, the Finnish newspaper Iltalehti said Friday.

The motorcycle club took offense at the use of its "Deathshead" logo, a winged, helmet-wearing skull. The organization claims a trademark on the logo registered to the Hells Angels Motorcycle Corp.

The school promptly agreed with the Hells Angels and is collecting the shirts from its students, admitting the biker group had a strong case.

"This is clearly a stolen logo. It's just a matter of thoughtlessness on the part of the kids," deputy headmaster Eeva-Riitta Mustelin was quoted as saying, adding that the bikers did not want to go to court over the matter.
Blisster
SG Elite

Post by Blisster »

thepieman wrote:They are probably Incorporated too.

absolutely.

support your local 81
Edward Abbey wrote:A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.