How to optimize ping

Gaming discussion, issues, setup, tips, latency, online gaming, game servers, console gaming, etc.
highlagger

How to optimize ping

Post by highlagger »

Hello I was fascinated on other threads containing on how to lower ping. I need help about it. I am having troubles on online games because I am getting kicked all the time having pings 150 - 600. I am joining american servers but I live in Philippines so that is one thing. But, I am using a DSL connection so it can still take up. But how can I optimize my internet connection more to have lower ping?

Thank you.
beejayLOL

Post by beejayLOL »

you cant

just play in servers around and in your country if ping is too high

if you want better ping move closer to the country of that server......
ragamuffin

Post by ragamuffin »

beejayLOL wrote:you cant

just play in servers around and in your country if ping is too high

if you want better ping move closer to the country of that server......
Been wondering the same thing. Good thing I searched the forum for the answer. Thanks.

Post by Genco »

When i checked this post, i was expecting tcp/ip settings to get lowest latency possible not a well known answer. Just saying..
Mytflyguy

Post by Mytflyguy »

I have never used them , but I believe there are Proxy servers out there to help with this very same issue. By proxying through them you can reduce lag/latency. But they are often banned on servers because they are used to "hide" identification for less than good intentions......
Network Engineer for Linux/Windows/Netware servers and connectivity for remotes sites via VPN in Roanoke, VA.
Sava700

Post by Sava700 »

Mytflyguy wrote:I have never used them , but I believe there are Proxy servers out there to help with this very same issue. By proxying through them you can reduce lag/latency. But they are often banned on servers because they are used to "hide" identification for less than good intentions......

long time no see guy.. looks like they are finally going to fix that intersection near valley view.
Mytflyguy

Post by Mytflyguy »

Hey man ! Yeah it's been a while. Life's been so busy lately lol.

Yeah they are fixing it ..... but only after insane tax money to the city via traffic tickets. I saw 4 cops at that intersection yesterday and saw on the news that they wrote 100 tickets just yesterday alone.

Next is the road widening for a couple miles in front of my house so I'm going to get hit with traffic construction on both ends.

Hows things been ?
Network Engineer for Linux/Windows/Netware servers and connectivity for remotes sites via VPN in Roanoke, VA.
Sava700

Post by Sava700 »

Mytflyguy wrote:Hey man ! Yeah it's been a while. Life's been so busy lately lol.

Yeah they are fixing it ..... but only after insane tax money to the city via traffic tickets. I saw 4 cops at that intersection yesterday and saw on the news that they wrote 100 tickets just yesterday alone.

Next is the road widening for a couple miles in front of my house so I'm going to get hit with traffic construction on both ends.

Hows things been ?

Good good..same ole stuff different day.