Symantec Firewall/VPN200 Internet Lost

General Network security, firewalls, port filtering/forwarding, wireless security, anti-spyware, as well as spam control and privacy discussions.
devman28

Symantec Firewall/VPN200 Internet Lost

Post by devman28 »

Hi,

I am using a Symantec Firewall/VPN200 for my Windows 2003 small business server. This firewall device has been giving me alot of issues regarding internet access. It would run for a couple of months (average of 2 months) then all of a sudden, it would keep locking up and not allowing me or other users to access internet or our windows 2003 small business corporate server. I have set all the necessary settings but still having issues with this. Please help me because this is driving me crazy! hehe

Am I not setting something correctly?

Firmware version => V1 Rel 8F

Thank you
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

I ran out office on the 200r model many years ago.

I just checked my FTP spot here..someone asked about it a few years ago..trying to find firmware...I uploaded something like 15T
http://www.speedguide.net/~brian/200r.zip

Else...I'd say it's about time to retire that old bad boy...it (and it's Nexland siblings) were great back then...but a bit long in the tooth by todays standards.

Recommendation...Linksys/Cisco RV082. :thumb:
MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
Guinness for Strength!!!
devman28

Post by devman28 »

Thanks. That is what I thought. Time to retire it.

hehe. OK I will looking getting a new firewall, the one that you have recommended.

Again,
Thanks!
lucifercipher

Post by lucifercipher »

devman28 wrote:Thanks. That is what I thought. Time to retire it.

hehe. OK I will looking getting a new firewall, the one that you have recommended.

Again,
Thanks!

Actually, I have the same firewall and i was having that issue. A firmware upgrade fixed it. Linksys RV082 sure is newer than VPN200 but it has its own side affects just like any other appliance out there. I'd say a firmware upgrade first as it wont cost you anything and if that doesnt work, go for RV082 as the friend here suggested.
lucifercipher

Post by lucifercipher »

devman28 wrote:Thanks. That is what I thought. Time to retire it.

Again,
Thanks!

Dang! Sorry for pulling the dead from the ground. Didnt see that the post was way way old . :rockin: