TCP Optimizer problem

Please post any questions, comments, concerns, issues, bugs, or feature requests about the site/forums/server here.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

It is very strange for it to have such a negative effect. In fact, that's the first time I hear of a problem like that.

You may want to ry reapplying the settings (make sure you do it with an account with admin priviledges), it shouldn't kill explorer. I'd run an anti-virus + anti-spyware just to make sure there is nothing else causing problems.

What OS ?

If nothing works, the TCP Optimizer shows all registry paths/changes before you hit the "Apply" button, you can add those manually to your registry using regedit
Krush

Post by Krush »

Just wanted to let you guys know I had this exact same problem today.

Right after having it set things to optimal settings it started causing explorer to die repeatedly.

I'd also like to note, if anyone else has this issue, the easiest way to get TCP Optimizer up to revert is to quickly go into run and type CMD then navigate yourself to where the TCP Optimizer .exe is.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

If you downloaded the Optimizer from our website, there is absolutely no adware/spyware in it. The program has been used by millions of people successfully. The fact that some adware got attached to explorer and kept reloading is becoming very commont these days, it's unrelated to the Optimizer.

THe program only changes the stated registry entries, it does not to run once the settings are applied (so there is no need to close it).

Also, to stop a locked up program, there is no need to get into command prompt, you can simply CTRL+ALT+DEL and stop them from the Task Manager.

We've tested the TCP Optimizer extensively, and it works well with various anti-virus programs, including NOD32 and Symantec. there is no connection between it and any adware/spyware, or the explorer process restarting.