I"m getting this Google error message?????

General software, Operating Systems, and Programming discussion.
Everything from software questions, OSes, simple HTML to scripting languages, Perl, PHP, Python, MySQL, VB, C++ etc.
Easto
SG Elite

I"m getting this Google error message?????

Post by Easto »

I get a page with a captcha and wants me to complete it before it will let me continue with my google search? Has my home network possibly been compromised? Not sure why I'm getting this.

About this page

Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot. Why did this happen?

This page appears when Google automatically detects requests coming from your computer network which appear to be in violation of the Terms of Service. The block will expire shortly after those requests stop. In the meantime, solving the above CAPTCHA will let you continue to use our services.

This traffic may have been sent by malicious software, a browser plug-in, or a script that sends automated requests. If you share your network connection, ask your administrator for help — a different computer using the same IP address may be responsible. Learn more

Sometimes you may be asked to solve the CAPTCHA if you are using advanced terms that robots are known to use, or sending requests very quickly.
IP address: XXXXXXX
Time: 2014-10-04T03:43:13Z
URL: http://www.google.com/search?q=105+hubs ... enu&ie=&oe=
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

Not sure what it was but I reset my router info, admin pwd, guest pwd etc etc. It seems to have gone away.
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

Check for adware/DNS redirect injections in your browser and computer itself.
Check router, is admin password set to something other than default?
Latest firmware on router (some routers had vulnerabilities to DNS hijacking...often fixed by updated firmware)
Compare DNS servers router obtains on WAN interface with what your ISP should hand down (or customize by using something like OpenDNS).
MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
Guinness for Strength!!!
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

YOS,

Thanks for the advice and tips. My router's password, admin password and preshared keys are always 21 symbols/numbers/alpha in length. I went in and reset everything. I have run Malwarebytes, cccleaner, Superantispyware and everything is clean. Router is a Dlink DIR-655 running lastest firmware.

I thought I had been using Google DNS but after resetting the router I can't say for sure. I will give OpenDNS a try.

I am not sure how to "Compare DNS servers router obtains on waN". Not sure about "DNS redirect injections" but I will google and dive in.
Marry Smith

Post by Marry Smith »

Checkout your wireless router and USB wireless adapter