It has been a while

Discuss anything not covered in another forum (life, the universe etc.)... Please keep it PG-13 and avoid spam.
Debbie

It has been a while

Post by Debbie »

How is everyone doing?
Mark

Post by Mark »

hi Debbie, good to hear from ya, i'm doing fine
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Hi Deb, ok here, keeping busy, you?
morbidpete

Post by morbidpete »

Hi!
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

Heya Debs!
MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
Guinness for Strength!!!
knightmare

Post by knightmare »

Still kicking, was on a thread about Blockchains somewhere, and thought about the SG forum. Learned a lot about computers here, and had a blast
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Good to see ya around :thumb:
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

Sorry I missed this. Good to see you Debbie.

Doing good, how're you?

Miss talking with you, take care.
Debbie

Post by Debbie »

Hanging in there. Good to see a lot of you still around. Sad about JCOS and Roundeye.
TonyT
SG VIP

Post by TonyT »

merry xmas and happy new year!
No one has any right to force data on you
and command you to believe it or else.
If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH
nightowl
SG Elite

Post by nightowl »

still around... my oldest kid is now 11.5 years old and passed my sholders....

still got the jeep wrangler. great for all this unstable weather we get now up north40 degree summers and -40 winters, even got tornado's in eastern ontario back in september (6 of them total hit EF1 to 3's).

Got a new hobby. 3d printing. picked up a ender 3. great technology and all open source so lots of upgrades!
Zilog B wrote:Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.
morbidpete

Post by morbidpete »

nightowl wrote:still around... my oldest kid is now 11.5 years old and passed my sholders....

still got the jeep wrangler. great for all this unstable weather we get now up north40 degree summers and -40 winters, even got tornado's in eastern ontario back in september (6 of them total hit EF1 to 3's).

Got a new hobby. 3d printing. picked up a ender 3. great technology and all open source so lots of upgrades!
Nice! I have a Cr-10s with some upgrades (bltouch, genuin e3d all metal with a volcano heat block and ruby nozzle, stepper dampeners. Running th3d 1.1.9 with LA) a cr-10s5 (same upgrades except a capacitive probe I steal of the bltouch) and a Anycubic Linear plus Delta. Running all 3 with Octoprint on Pi’s
nightowl
SG Elite

Post by nightowl »

morbidpete wrote:Nice! I have a Cr-10s with some upgrades (bltouch, genuin e3d all metal with a volcano heat block and ruby nozzle, stepper dampeners. Running th3d 1.1.9 with LA) a cr-10s5 (same upgrades except a capacitive probe I steal of the bltouch) and a Anycubic Linear plus Delta. Running all 3 with Octoprint on Pi’s
NICE! I was looking at the creality CR-10 but its still expensive in canada ($500+cdn). Ender 3 ($300cdn) is slightly smaller (220x220x250) but everything is attached to the frame which makes it portable and takes most of the same parts as the CR-10. I can pick it up with one hand (with filiment) and put it in the back of the jeep and take it to work on those long night shifts :D . Looking to get octoprint working on it in the next few months.
Zilog B wrote:Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.
morbidpete

Post by morbidpete »

nightowl wrote:NICE! I was looking at the creality CR-10 but its still expensive in canada ($500+cdn). Ender 3 ($300cdn) is slightly smaller (220x220x250) but everything is attached to the frame which makes it portable and takes most of the same parts as the CR-10. I can pick it up with one hand (with filiment) and put it in the back of the jeep and take it to work on those long night shifts :D . Looking to get octoprint working on it in the next few months.
I'll be picking up an ender 3 this month. Want it for smaller prints while my bigger printers are busy with 48+ hour prints. You are going to love octopi. Has made management of the printers so much easier. PM if you every need help or just want to chat. I'm in some cr-10 facebook groups. Mostly complaining posts but some good info here and there.
nightowl
SG Elite

Post by nightowl »

morbidpete wrote:I'll be picking up an ender 3 this month. Want it for smaller prints while my bigger printers are busy with 48+ hour prints. You are going to love octopi. Has made management of the printers so much easier. PM if you every need help or just want to chat. I'm in some cr-10 facebook groups. Mostly complaining posts but some good info here and there.
Make sure you get a mirror glass bed cut at a local glass store ASAP for the ender 3. the bed adheasion pad comes pre warped.
morbidpete

Post by morbidpete »

nightowl wrote:Make sure you get a mirror glass bed cut at a local glass store ASAP for the ender 3. the bed adheasion pad comes pre warped.
I use mirror on all my printers along with ABL's