Probably the best Putin article I've ever read

Discuss anything not covered in another forum (life, the universe etc.)... Please keep it PG-13 and avoid spam.
Humboldt

Probably the best Putin article I've ever read

Post by Humboldt »

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... ket-newtab

Took a while to read, ~20 minutes, but this a damn good read.
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

Thanks for the link. Ever since first being introduced to Fiona Hill I have been impressed with her on many different levels.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Thank you for sharing, the article is really good.

I am not convinced he's prepared to go beyond Ukraine militarily. In my opinion he is likely take over Ukraine and install a pro-Russian government, maybe split the Donbas region as a separate country. He will also likely keep trying to get NATO missiles out of Poland and Romania, but using diplomatic pressure.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
Rivas

Post by Rivas »

The article is great but ... Russian government are factions, it's different thinking, unpredictable and extremely dangerous. If Putins goes down, Nationalist will take his place and UK, Poland, all those little states are gone. (I didn't mean to use term little states but compared to Russia with 11 time zones, bigger than US, Canada, Europe, South America together) and China supporting Russia now .....

Western betrayal is the view that the United Kingdom, France, and sometimes the United States failed to meet their legal, diplomatic, military, and moral obligations with respect to the Czechoslovak and Polish states during the prelude to and aftermath of World War II. It also sometimes refers to the treatment of other Central and Eastern European states at the time.

And let's take a closer look, history repeats itself, in one form or another ..... all the Kurd allies left for dead, same goes for the Afghan people who helped to translate and let's not forget it wasn't retreat, it was run for life after 20 years.
To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

Rivas wrote:The article is great but ... Russian government are factions, it's different thinking, unpredictable and extremely dangerous. If Putins goes down, Nationalist will take his place and UK, Poland, all those little states are gone. (I didn't mean to use term little states but compared to Russia with 11 time zones, bigger than US, Canada, Europe, South America together) and China supporting Russia now .....

Western betrayal is the view that the United Kingdom, France, and sometimes the United States failed to meet their legal, diplomatic, military, and moral obligations with respect to the Czechoslovak and Polish states during the prelude to and aftermath of World War II. It also sometimes refers to the treatment of other Central and Eastern European states at the time.

And let's take a closer look, history repeats itself, in one form or another ..... all the Kurd allies left for dead, same goes for the Afghan people who helped to translate and let's not forget it wasn't retreat, it was run for life after 20 years.
Food for thought.

I'll have to read the article again now damnit.