6. How do I use the TCP Optimizer ?
The short version:
1. Select your advertised maximum internet speed from the "connection speed" slider bar. (the maximum available bandwidth, in kilobits per second, not your LAN speed).
2. Choose your Network Adapter, or check to "Modify All Network Adapters" is using another type of connection.
3. Choose the "Optimal settings" radio-button near the bottom of the program.
4. Click "Apply changes", and reboot when prompted by the program.
The right way: Find your Maximum MTU value, learn what all the settings mean by reading our articles, ask questions in our forums and tweak the settings accordingly using The Optimizer in custom mode :)
With version 2 of the TCP Optimizer, we've also included full online documentation.
Version 3 of the Optimizer adds Windows Vista, Windows 7 and 2008 Server support.
Help with custom TCP Optimizer settings can be found in the documentation, and you can ask specific questions on our forums.