Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey hey.

Omnipressive

Cool Hey hey.

Hey everybody.

The reason I'm making this post, is because I've been receiving e-mails for the past week, most without much underlying context to them, but all with the same theme. "Omni, we hate you, quit getting new IP addresses so you can keep bugging us!!!" And so on. A few have actually been rather funny. Someone with a random hotmail account sent me a virus (haha, nice one.) three nights ago.

Also, I've noticed the atmosphere around here has been rather... edgy at times, with people pointing fingers and accusing innocent people of being my character, when in fact they weren't. I just feel that this sort of behavior is slowly degrading the SG community to a lower moral, and little by little, long and short term members seem to be leaving left and right, to other boards, etc.

Well, after seeing this fallout of sorts, I feel the need to do some explaining about who I am, and why I was here.

Yes, my name is Matt Swift, and I do run an eMarketing/design business right now. I do live in Phoenix, Arizona, in my own rented condo (what could I call it? A condartment? Hmmm). I'm 19 years old, I'm attending UaCT, getting my degree in 3D Animation, and I run a mile every night.

Now, let's get to know Omnipressive. I'm Omnipressive. I'm a self proclaimed genius, with strong views, a tendency to push buttons, and a strong tendency to point out others failures when it comes to communication, and English.

Okay, so why both characters? Well, last year, during my Psychology course in college, I was given the choice of three final projects for the semester. One, was a test, which was over everything we had learned that semester. The second, was a report, which had to be based on our interpretation of "Modern Society, or Not?" And the third was a video, or audio interview with random people in public, asking personal, or striking questions, and analyzing their behavior and words, after each statement.

Well, I chose the second topic. "Modern Society, or Not?" And based my research paper on the internet.

Basically, my quest was to see exactly what the internet is doing to the very idea of socializing. Sounds complicated? Well, I focused on chat/newsgroups/forums.

I wanted to see what is different with the way people communicate online, and how they communicate in the real world.

Well... Three people that are in the same animation class as I, told me about SpeedGuide, because we were all having problem with our @home connection. So I thought, wow, this should rock. I go here, and got all tweaked up, and my PC was basically turned into a net rocket. That helps a lot, especially with some of the annoying tasks I have to do every day.

About a week or two later, after reading a lot of what was being said here, I decided this would be the best place to perform my evil tests. Since, A) This is one of the most mature forums on the net, with a good blend of different types of people, and B) Three nameless people that I knew well visited here and lurked for a good time, so I could compare their online words, to their real life demeanor.

So the test commenced. I would find arguments, and take the opposite side every time, and argue it to death. And when people would call me stupid, or annoying, I'd simply correct their spelling. I figured that if I was truly mean back to them, it could possibly effect me as an individual in the long run, so I merely did the grammar deal instead. It turns out that it made a lot of people pretty mad, and a few would, and still have large chips on their shoulders because of the little buttons the character would push.

This is exactly what I wanted. To get big reactions. Especially out of the people that I knew, so I could compare them to their real life counterparts.

The results were pretty conclusive. One friend, we'll call him "Inimeuqa", did a complete 180 of his real personality. In e-mail arguments with him, he stood up for himself, and bashed me back, and so on, for weeks. Where, in real life, he is mild mannered, and rarely speaks his mind.

I'm not pointing any fingers, but there are others here that do the same exact thing. Isn't it time to be more outspoken in real life? If the internet is allowing you to free your mind; In a way, isn't reality lacking the 'you' that 'you' are? What you say in these forums is you, and the false character belongs to the real world.

Could this be the death of society? Or the beginning? Is society changing for the best, or for the worst? Time will tell us all. My personal opinion, is that it is merely a speedbump of sorts. Soon enough, computers will be merely a tool to us, and not a place to vent our emotions, and become another character. Hopefully.

Anyway, sorry if that was confusing. It was the best way I could word it in ten minutes.

You don't have to believe me, if you don't want. I don't blame you. It was my intent to seem like an ass the whole time, and if you still think I am lying, or whatever, then I must have done my job well.

A few months back, after receiving my marking on the paper (a freaking B+ because it was short!) I went over some of the stuff that I said, and some of the things I wrote in replies, and I started to laugh, and think... Wow, what an ass. A true heel.

Flame me if you wish, but the Matt Swift you now know, is a different me than you knew before.

Peace,

could someone some it up, its too long for my attention span,

oh yeah, hi omni!

Cool

damn dude,it looks like you got a hold of some great drugs......I can't focus my attention for that long.

As suicidal tendencies say.... YOU... CAN'T.... BRING... ME ...DOWN....... BRING ME DOWN!

btw hi Omni..
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song

Interesting.......

I read the whole thing. Good points Omni.

Peace,
    FunK
    Simply run adaware, spybot, ZoneAlarm, HijackThis, AVG, update windows daily, have a router, don't open e-mail, turn off action scripting, don't use P2P networks, don't violate EULAs, and wear a condom to get Windows secured.

People say Linux is alot of work!

well I tried to read it again,and yup! I can't do it for that long.maybe if I tried to spead it out over a couple days.

Arrow

One friend, we'll call him "Inimeuqa", did a complete 180 of his real personality. In e-mail arguments with him, he stood up for himself, and bashed me back, and so on, for weeks. Where, in real life, he is mild mannered, and rarely speaks his mind
    I am total opposite, confront me in real life with a harsh attitude and.... ****, most people know better.

It's realy easy to be a big man on the net
    SG Theme Song

Originally posted by crazyman:
    maybe if I tried to spead it out over a couple days.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I read it and I don't believe a single damn word. But hey, if Matt doesn't become the arrogant, assh0le of a jerk that Omni was, then I don't care if he stays. The whole idea of Omni being a Psych experiment sounds like a bunch hooey to me, but hey, that's just my opinion.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

So Matt, what your saying is that you would put people's feelings at risk over a grade?

Call it what you will but that's one 'ell of a monster story. The things you said to Hell Yes wasn't correcting grammer. In fact you wouldn't have the nuts to say that to anyone's face.

I don't believe your story one iota. In fact if it's true, you should have gotten an F.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

Blog Entries

"I Fart in your general direction"

minir

Originally posted by minir:

minir

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

[ 03-25-2001: Message edited by: Prey521 ]
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

by the great minir

Haaaaaaaaaa.. ..the man of many words never fails to impress me. Man I'm dying here. LMAO
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

I fart in that direction too.

Thumbs down

Well Reading that was a big fat waste of my time

Keep Runnin Bud.....

Like downhill said "that you would put people's feelings at risk over a grade?"

Damn Jerk Off
    ** Speed 3370(down)/425(up) kbps **
    My IROC-Z28

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana

Well at least I know now why I was a lab rat, now where's my cheese damn it!!

On a more serious note. This does explain SOME of the things you've said in past post. I'm still a little leary of the things you say. I truly don't know at this point if you are a psychology patient or a psychology student.

What about the things you have said about John and Brent over at mofo's lately?
    Was all that just bull***** for our amusement?

I get this funny feeling that you have made friends with John and Brent (I'm not saying thats a bad thing) . That's why you are an Administrator at mofo's and why you are able to post here again.

Being the person that I am, I can't hold a grudge forever, so welcome back. I think that others may need an apology though, for some of the remarks that you have made. That's the one thing that was missing from the book that you posted.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

striderf1

with everything thats been going on, their is one UNDENYABLE FACT: Omni definetly has a lot of free time, or he is using time that should be devoted to work that is going to defending his character at various BBS.

Why don't you spend all your free time making sample websites to show to future customers or something? If you feel like making websites I could use a few ideas for one I'm thinking of making, email me if your interested.

striderf1

damn minir, you rule!!! funny reply

I believe you. I don't know if I really believe, but I have no reason not to believe you and I mine as well believe you because even if your lying then your going to be acting like what you said were.
    I know what I'm thinking but that above (^) statment probably made no sense

TAKE NOTE MATT: I think since you used us as your "lab rats" or subjects, you should publish your paper verbatim (I assume its typed not hand written, just copy and paste) and let the people who want to read it do so. I think thats the leaste you can do considering you never told brent or phillip or anyone else about (although I realize that would have ruined it).

yadda-yadda-yadda.......

NEXT!

minir
    i CAN'T BELEIVE THAT THOSE WORDS CAME FROM YOUR FINGERS MINIR
    SG Theme Song

minir
    i CAN'T BELEIVE THAT THOSE WORDS CAME FROM YOUR FINGERS MINIR
    SG Theme Song