Thread: bandwidth speed test ???/storage speed

bandwidth speed test ???/storage speed

I went to test my speed on bandwidthplace.com and my communication speed was aproximately correct +/- 20k. I was wondering where it said storage it listed 26.3 k per sec and I was wondering how i could speed that up or if i needed to. because on winmx or kazaa i top out at 24 k per sec and i was wondering if that was the cause also I top out at around 28-30 k on downloads from yahoo or microsoft also.

ok xp says im DMA mode 5 which i believe is ATA100 so i guess my 24kps is right?? which is 1 10 th of my connect speed something is wrong i hope. my frien has 1500 kps and ive seen him download at over 400kps.

Your hard drive speed has nothing to do with your internet connection.

sorry I guess i miss understood what the results were on bandwidthplace cause it said my connect speed was 226kbps so i thought id get better ftp download speed.
    Thanks for the help I really like this site and am learning alot reading posts from everyone here.

Also FYI if you are using KaZaA you better uninstall it then read my Help & Tips link for removing the spyware, it will ruin your connection and can crash your pc. Your question about you limited download speed from KaZaA.... you can only download as fast as someone can upload it to you so keep that in mind.

Thumbs up

ya i see what y amean by spy ware i thought i outsmarted them using s bot and jv16 power tools ,guess not there back. looks like ill stick to winmx finally figured out the tcp/udp problem i had so it works great now Thanks again

wow says i can't uninstall missing a dll there as bad as aol for tyin ya up.but ill get it if i have to take it apart piece by piece.

do you mean uninstall aol?

Talking

no I was talkin about uninstalling Kazaa and it took a little time but i got all kazaa out??

Panama City, FL and a FAN of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bud Chevy & NASCAR , and the Atlanta Braves
    Hard drive speed has nothing to do with your connection, but alot to do with how fast your computer can download and process information

Originally posted by Lobo
    Hard drive speed has nothing to do with your connection, but alot to do with how fast your computer can download and process information

Would you STOP IT already, geeez.

Quote="I went to test my speed on bandwidthplace.com and my communication speed was aproximately correct +/- 20k. I was wondering where it said storage it listed 26.3 k "

Bandwidthplace.com's speedtest give you your answer in Bits per second (Mine=841.5) and Bytes per second (mine= 102.7). Ive noticed it reads a little higher for me than anything else I test with.

I would imagine your speed in kbps (kilo bits per second) was right around 215 for that test? You can also try somthing like sea.speakeasy.net and see what you get .
    Never take any crap off an inanimate object!!

Never send email to this address: spam@euclidian.com. This is a spam trap and everyone sending any email to this address will be blacklisted.