Thread: Laptop Question

Laptop Question

I was given a Toshiba Tecra 8000 laptop with no battery or AC adapter. The question is, can I use just an adapter to boot this thing? I have no idea if this laptop works or not and a battery costs about $179 and an adapter is $49.

Thanks in advance
    Steve
    Foldin with the Fat Dog machine!

Long May You Run
    May God Bless You,
    "To the world you might be one person, but to one
    person you just might be the world"

Re: Laptop Question

Originally posted by Zuma
    I was given a Toshiba Tecra 8000 laptop with no battery or AC adapter. The question is, can I use just an adapter to boot this thing? I have no idea if this laptop works or not and a battery costs about $179 and an adapter is $49.

Thanks in advance
    it should boot,mine will boot with just the ac adaptor and no battery in it.buy it at a store with a good return policy and try it.

Smyrna, Delaware Car: 1998 Honda Accord EX Occupation: Honda Service Coordinator
    I am not sure about the one you have ... but my girlfriend has a Compaq that will work using just the AC adapter. We know this because her battery went dead and until they sent another one she used the power supply to work on it.
    Antec Nine Hundred case, 4GB A-Data DDR2 800 RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz, ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP MB, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 video card, ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD, Aerocool FP-01 Multifunction panel w/card reader, Zerodba 620W PSU, LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD with LightScribe SATA, Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203B SATA, Acer P241W 24" w/s monitor, Canon CanoScan LiDE 35 scanner, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.

yes

Thank you all for the responses
    Steve
    Foldin with the Fat Dog machine!

Long May You Run
    May God Bless You,
    "To the world you might be one person, but to one
    person you just might be the world"