Thread: anyone been to Colorado??

Post anyone been to Colorado??

Hi all- just got a job offer in Boulder, CO. I've always lived near the ocean, and not sure what CO is even like. I know about the rocky mtns. and all, and hear the skiing is good, but other than that i'm clueless. Anyhoo, if anybody has positive things to say about CO i would like to hear about it . laters....

I've been there a lot!!!!!

I love it there, good skiing in the winter, and in the summer GOOD mountain biking!!!!

Nice temps in the summer, not too hot, but chilly in the winter, of course. I'm a mountain kinda guy, I like mountains the view there is gorgeous, and the air is clean. Nice place to live I would think, though I've only visited.
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

cool, thanks for the comment Brent. I love mtn. biking too, lots of single track around sanat cruz, great riding.
    it will be hard to leave the ocean, but mountains are very cool too, and fresh air is a definte plus
    anyone else??

mouse

I live in Colorado and have worked in Boulder at IBM, Who offered you a job? lot of tech company's moving up to Boulder. Colorado is a great place to live. Boulder is a little costly depending on were you are moving from and is more of a college town. Need any direct info let me know and I will do the research for you...

[ 03-02-2001: Message edited by: mouse ]

Smile

I go there almost every year to ski.I've been in Denver,and most of the Summit county resorts(Copper Mountain,Breckenridge,etc)and Steamboat.
    It's gorgeous country;I plan to retire there eventually.
    Altitude can take a while to get used to(this may apply more to the resort areas as they are higher).

Cool

I live in Colorado about 45 min from boulder. Man its a great place. If you can surf u can snowboard, and if you can't, you'll want to learn but it's not bad at all here. And if ur in highlands ranch drop by my place
    "To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift."--Steve Prefontaine

Boulder is a little costly depending on were you are moving from and is more of a college town. Need any direct info let me know and I will do the research for you...
    cool, thanks Mouse! I would be working for Lockheed, but not sure where in Boulder. Totally stoked to get info from someone who live there! really cool, i'll keep you informed. Should know for sure if I'm moving by late March .

I live in Colorado about 45 min from boulder. Man its a great place. If you can surf u can snowboard, and if you can't, you'll want to learn but it's not bad at all here. And if ur in highlands ranch drop by my place
    thanks the_mp3_refuge! I definetely look you up if i ever get there! I've been snowboarding 9 times and love it. I started skiing when i was 10 but like boarding better.

thanks all for your comments, they help a lot!

mouse

Hey the_mp3_refuge that's cool! I didn't know that you are from Colo. what are your cross street's. I am off of parker and Hampton. How old are you? small world huh?

I love colorado, thinking of retiring there. Even the people seem to be nicer, but that's just my opinion.Beautiful state.
    Let all you do be done with love

Boulder is a beautiful city with a lot to do. I find the people there to be quite snooty though. The couple of times I've been there I met a lot of chic patagonia wearing hipsters that thought they were better than me.

Not my type of folk. But I'm sure a guy could find his way if he lived there.
    When they kick at your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands at your head, or the trigger of your gun?