Thread: Project Management Software

Project Management Software

Hello folks , I am looking for Project management software recommendations. I have heard of using Excel , wondering how.

At this point I am just looking to setup a Project plan and get the timelines in a format that is pretty and easily understandable. ANY help is appreciated , thanks.

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar

Re: Project Management Software

Originally posted by chilt
    Hello folks , I am looking for Project management software recommendations. I have heard of using Excel , wondering how.

At this point I am just looking to setup a Project plan and get the timelines in a format that is pretty and easily understandable. ANY help is appreciated , thanks.
    IMO, using the Microsoft Office package is extremely helpful.

I use excel daily and of course Outlook is handy dandy to have for e-mailing, appointments, notes and reminders.
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Good reference here,
    http://www.project-management-software.org/

Also, don't forget Microsoft Project

As for Excel...someone would have to write one for you, access can do that and a bit more too. But you probably don't want to bother with coding one first.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

MS Project is extremely helpful but because of its price people resort to use other tools. OpenProj and dotProject are freeware tools that can be replaced to MS Project. They almost have the same features with MS Project and can even open MS Project files.

Aside from OpenProj and dotProject, you also check some alternatives in this blog: http://www.timedoctor.com/blog/2011/...e-alternatives It has a comparison table of the various project management software with a list of features.

Another good alternative to MS Project is Latitude. It's a customizable project management software package that helps you to manage your projects. It's a desktop application so it will run fast and has more functionality over web-based. Its features include CRM, billing system, tracking time, document control, export user timesheets to accounting software, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
    Another good alternative to MS Project is Latitude. It's a customizable project management software package that helps you to manage your projects. It's a desktop application so it will run fast and has more functionality over web-based. Its features include CRM, billing system, tracking time, document control, export user timesheets to accounting software, etc.
    go away Mickey mouse,I get yer 12 hangin'

A million years ago I used project management software called Promise. It was great when you had to balance resources that spanned many endeavors with a number of limited resources. It's probably dead now. Back then on a 386 processor it would grind out the resource conflicts in a swift 12 hours!!!!
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.