Thread: Recomended Voltage?

Recomended Voltage?

What would be the recommended voltage for running a p4 2.53 at 150 and higher fsb??

the lower the better, the lowest that can give u the stablilty

Right now i'm running my 2.53@2.85 150fsb at 1.65v. Most of the time i can play Unreal Tournament on my pc without a problem, but every now and then it locks up. The weird thing is that only the game itself freezes, i can stil ctr alt del and end the app. When the game freezes, cpu temp only reads 39-41C. Is the voltage limiting me?

disabled account Deus ex Machina's Avatar
    At what voltage are you running your DDR?
    blessed be................

I have my ram running at its normal speed. I even upped the voltage to 2.6 just to be on the safe side. So i doubt thats the problem.

disabled account Deus ex Machina's Avatar
    What do you qualify as normal speed? Assuming you are utilizing DDR, you should be using 2700 or better if you wish to go beyond 150 FSB. If you are pushing you peripherals at a higher clock rate that also could be you reason for occasional lock ups. I have a 2.5 running at 3.0GHz with an Abit it7 max motherboard. I am running the the PCI at a fixed 33Mhz.

If I am not mistaken, you can push the voltages a bit higher on the RAM.
    blessed be................

bump the mem voltage up JIC. I run mine at 2.9v constant..but u should run urs at 2.7-2.8v..it will not hurt it unless ur case is an inferno already. as for the proc voltage.. keep it where it is. it isn't the reason unreal is locking..what is? i dunno...video/sound drivers are a possibility. get the latest vid card drivers, chipset drivers and try disabling EAX in the game.

The ram i have is designed to run ddr400@2.5v. Speedwise, its running at specs. I set it to 2.6v just to be safe. AGP and PCI are both locked 66/33 and all of my drivers are up to date. I never had this problem until i pushed the fsb to 150, but judging by temps, i should be able to get quite a bit higher. I just don't want to push the cpu too hard.