Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: [H]=sellouts

  1. #21
    SG Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    4,717

    Mr White


    Who let this fool in the door? You're lucky our mods don't post your ip...
    anything is possible - nothing is free


    Quote Originally Posted by Blisster
    It *would* be brokeback bay if I in fact went and hung out with Skye and co (did I mention he is teh hotness?)

  2. #22
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,796
    Ok guys...enoughs, enough.

    Mr. White apologized to terrancelam. It was a simple misunderstanding on what Mr. White ment.

    Let's be civil here.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

  3. #23
    Forum Techie A_old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    10,663
    Originally posted by Mr White
    u pwn amro
    LOL

  4. #24
    Game Freak Gaming-Module's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,987
    Too bad such a useful thread has been crapped upon so thoroughly (by both sides).

    Anyway. I never really did read the reviews at hardocp. I pretty much post to their gaming forum and read their Intel forum.

    Dats it so I really don't care. I honestly have no trust in any website that does reviews and runs advertisements for the company that manufactures the product on the exact same page.

    But they all pretty much do that so...

  5. #25
    Flip Chip Qwijib0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona Processor: GenuineIntel Member #4896
    Posts
    8,268
    Originally posted by Gaming-Module
    Too bad such a useful thread has been crapped upon so thoroughly (by both sides).

    Anyway. I never really did read the reviews at hardocp. I pretty much post to their gaming forum and read their Intel forum.

    Dats it so I really don't care. I honestly have no trust in any website that does reviews and runs advertisements for the company that manufactures the product on the exact same page.

    But they all pretty much do that so...
    Think of it this way, macho. If you just heard that you got a great review at a site, wouldn't you want to advertise your product there? Or maybe the reviewer won't let the mfr post and at unless the product is good? Sure you have to to trust the site, and it can go either way, but if the review is consistent with other ones, then should there still be doubt. I fully trust the [H], anand, rage3d, accelination, and a few others. They haven't given me reason to doubt. If brent posts a review for an awesome card, and the mfr posts an ad, does that make brent a liar?
    If your browser can't read unicode, you should probably switch!

  6. #26
    Forum Techie terrancelam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Toronto, Canada Computers Built and Fixed personally: 720
    Posts
    5,465

    Nope

    Originally posted by Qwijib0
    Think of it this way, macho. If you just heard that you got a great review at a site, wouldn't you want to advertise your product there? Or maybe the reviewer won't let the mfr post and at unless the product is good? Sure you have to to trust the site, and it can go either way, but if the review is consistent with other ones, then should there still be doubt. I fully trust the [H], anand, rage3d, accelination, and a few others. They haven't given me reason to doubt. If brent posts a review for an awesome card, and the mfr posts an ad, does that make brent a liar?
    It doesn't. But If Brent posts a review, makes a honest mistake on it, then your me, Amro, M0a2t4t get banned because we mention it in a thread, then I think something has gone awry.

    As for Mr.White, my apologizes for misunderstanding your statement. It's not ever day I get such a ambiguous comment.
    Intel Core 2 Duo Q8300 2.55Ghz (1333mhz)
    Asus P5N-D
    OCZ Platinum 8gb (2x2gb) PC8000 1000mhz 5-5-5-18
    EVGA 460GTX 1gb PCIE 2.0
    Western Digital Black 640gb x 2 Raid 0
    Coolermaster 1000W Modular PSU
    Antec NSK4480B
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

    ----------------------------------------------------------
    HP TC5700 (Thin Client) 1ghz, 512mb 80gb 1x1000mb NIC 1x100mb NIC running PFSense 1.22
    Linksys WRT-150 running DD-WRT V.24 (Access Point)

    "SG Techies rule!" - Sig Buddies with Amro

  7. #27
    Certified SG Addict Brent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Posts
    42,163

    Re: Nope

    Originally posted by terrancelam
    It doesn't. But If Brent posts a review, makes a honest mistake on it, then your me, Amro, M0a2t4t get banned because we mention it in a thread, then I think something has gone awry.

    As for Mr.White, my apologizes for misunderstanding your statement. It's not ever day I get such a ambiguous comment.
    kyle only banned the people that were instigating this....
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

  8. #28
    Mad Overclocker m4a2t0t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    3,962
    so all 48 of those people, some of them long time members, just decided that they didnt like [H] anymore and wanted to start problems??
    Will Work For FSB

  9. #29
    Forum Techie A_old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    10,663
    [thread hijack] thas why i stay at sg no matter how many forums i try (and i like it when ppl use my name in their posts--thx terr--cause it makes me feel spiffy and part of the hardware community or something like that)[/thread hijack]

  10. #30
    Certified SG Addict Brent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Posts
    42,163
    look, its like this

    you can either go to the site

    or not go to the site

    all i will say is that we give objective reviews, if its crap we'll tell you its crap, if its good we'll tell you its good...
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

  11. #31
    Forum Techie terrancelam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Toronto, Canada Computers Built and Fixed personally: 720
    Posts
    5,465

    All I gotta say

    is whatever. I only go to read your reviews.
    Intel Core 2 Duo Q8300 2.55Ghz (1333mhz)
    Asus P5N-D
    OCZ Platinum 8gb (2x2gb) PC8000 1000mhz 5-5-5-18
    EVGA 460GTX 1gb PCIE 2.0
    Western Digital Black 640gb x 2 Raid 0
    Coolermaster 1000W Modular PSU
    Antec NSK4480B
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

    ----------------------------------------------------------
    HP TC5700 (Thin Client) 1ghz, 512mb 80gb 1x1000mb NIC 1x100mb NIC running PFSense 1.22
    Linksys WRT-150 running DD-WRT V.24 (Access Point)

    "SG Techies rule!" - Sig Buddies with Amro

  12. #32
    Forum Techie A_old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    10,663
    they do a good job of posting news too..thas why i go, news and brent's reviews

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •