Thread: A+ tests costs?

A+ tests costs?

A+ tests, is there anyway to get certified for cheaper?

Do you think when I walked in and saw I was 15 they would let me take it?

I know technically they have to but things dont always work that way. I heard you have to take your passport and stuff to get ID'ed. They dont want someone taking the test for you.
    XP 1600+ @1606 Mhz, GIGABYTE Mobo WD 60GB 8MBc, 512 MB pc 2100 DDR, GF 2 Ultra, Win XP Pro, CDRWx40

War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things: The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings, which thinks nothing (is) worth a war, is worse.

-John Stuart Mill “The Contest in America”

there are certified testing centers for CompTIA, MS, Unix and other certifications. some schools are certified for testing, but some aren't (you would go to the testing center for the actual test).

it costs money to take the test, and because you are 15, i wouldn;t think you could take it for free. it's very basic... you give them the money or a coupon from your school (not your high school. the learning center where you took the A+ or Network+ or MCSE or whatever class) and they let you take the test.

i haven't looked into it for some time. i believe it's roughly $100 to just take the test, and i think there are 2 tests don't know if you can take them at the same time or not. it may vary from place to place.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Originally posted by Faust

i haven't looked into it for some time. i believe it's roughly $100 to just take the test, and i think there are 2 tests don't know if you can take them at the same time or not. it may vary from place to place.
    It changed about 18 months ago to a newer updated test, but it should still be basically the same as back when I took it....yes 2x parts, A+ Core (hardware) and A+ OS (Operating System)...I think the A+ OS part is the one that changed the most. (Win2K/ME in there)...as it hadn't changed in years.

Yes you can take them back to back also...on the same day.

Can't remember the price back then...but I think it was quite a bit more than a hundge.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I paid $125 each for the two test's back in October of 2000.

My total was 279. The test is today.
    I am awesome.

My son Steve wants to take it at college. It's offered at Stark State. Each test $135.00 if your a student at Stark State, but by the looks of what everyone else is paying, that seems like a pretty standard price index.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat
    ....yes 2x parts, A+ Core (hardware) and A+ OS (Operating System)...I think the A+ OS part is the one that changed the most. (Win2K/ME in there)...as it hadn't changed in years.
    Oh hell no theres 2 parts to the test now? Glad I took it a long, long fricking time ago

I know if MS makes any more MSCE's again I wont upgrade, it was bad enough I had to update to my NT one let alone to do it every couple of years, the way there Product map is
    There Is only the Here and The Now, If you forget about that You might as well be Dead!