Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Best 5.1 Speaker System Ever

Smyrna, Delaware Car: 1998 Honda Accord EX Occupation: Honda Service Coordinator

Thumbs up The Best 5.1 Speaker System Ever

Antec Nine Hundred case, 4GB A-Data DDR2 800 RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz, ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP MB, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 video card, ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD, Aerocool FP-01 Multifunction panel w/card reader, Zerodba 620W PSU, LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD with LightScribe SATA, Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203B SATA, Acer P241W 24" w/s monitor, Canon CanoScan LiDE 35 scanner, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.

Folding Thunder
    Shweeeeeeeeeeeet! Now all i need is to win the lotto

Smyrna, Delaware Car: 1998 Honda Accord EX Occupation: Honda Service Coordinator
    Yeah ... but for around $300.00 they seem to be quite a nice set of speakers.
    Antec Nine Hundred case, 4GB A-Data DDR2 800 RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz, ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP MB, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 video card, ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD, Aerocool FP-01 Multifunction panel w/card reader, Zerodba 620W PSU, LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD with LightScribe SATA, Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203B SATA, Acer P241W 24" w/s monitor, Canon CanoScan LiDE 35 scanner, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.

disabled account Deus ex Machina's Avatar
    I felt that head to head, the Klipsch sounded much better.

shant,
    david
    blessed be................

niceee!!

Originally posted by Deus ex Machina
    I felt that head to head, the Klipsch sounded much better.

shant,
    david
    I personally have the Klipsch 2.1 Pro Medias and I have never been happier with a set of speakers.

I just thought people might like to read about these also.

YOu must be talking about the best computer 5.1 speakers because theater systems have them smoked. Some home theatre systems are upwards of 700watts. Mine is 550 watts but its about a year old. You can easily run your computers soundcard through a receiver or theatre system w/optical so its DTS and digital. Grab some 15" or 18" and replace them with your left and right on your home theatre system hooked up to your computer and tell me whats up LOL WHAT I CANT" HEAR YOU >>>>>>>LOL

Originally posted by Cameron203
    YOu must be talking about the best computer 5.1 speakers because theater systems have them smoked. Some home theatre systems are upwards of 700watts. Mine is 550 watts but its about a year old. You can easily run your computers soundcard through a receiver or theatre system w/optical so its DTS and digital. Grab some 15" or 18" and replace them with your left and right on your home theatre system hooked up to your computer and tell me whats up LOL WHAT I CANT" HEAR YOU >>>>>>>LOL
    LOL...agree! For sound quality, these can't beat the real theater systems.

next time specify COMPUTER speakers

but i don't mind owning one of these tho...actually i think these will satisify me even tho there's better out there for maybe cheaper

I did the whole home system with a kenwood reciever that cost over $400 at the time.

it sucked.

The sound was great, but with unshielded speakers it just aint any fun. Although, the ability to turn the volume up loud enough that your parents could hear you 5 miles away... heeheehee...

I dont know about sound quality, but those 680's LOOK amazing.
    Strap It On Whenever It Seems Appropriate

http://www.tomsclan.com

Lots Of Features: These features include a beefed up 450-watt amplifier, a decoder to handle DTS, Dolby Digital and ProLogic II, a line-level input jack for your DiscMan or MP3 player, and a headphone jack for those late-night gaming or movie sessions. Also new is a wireless IR remote that allows the tweaking of center, subwoofer and surround channel volume levels, overall volume level, a mute toggle, an effect selector, an input selector, and a test button that sequentially outputs pink noise through the five satellites to verify correct speaker configuration.
    Strap It On Whenever It Seems Appropriate

http://www.tomsclan.com

disabled account Deus ex Machina's Avatar
    I have my main system hooked up to a "Home theater in a box system". It seems to work quite well. Of course it is not like my main sound system, however it holds its own.

I liked the Klipsch 5.1 best out of all the stand alones I sampled. The Logitech were powerful but not nearly as clean and accurate.

david
    blessed be................

nothin beats a home stereo system
    Originally posted by UnitedWeStand Don't go walking up to her and say "I just had a vasectomy wanna celebrate?
    Originally posted by EvilAngel Actually Kitten just got the sonagram done and the doc thought it was twins at first, but soon realized that it was the boys pen1s laying next to him....lol
    Said by XSeanX on AIM I wish girls were a lot easier
    Originally posted by Needlefreak May the fleas of a thousand taliban camels feast happily on your lower region..
    Originally posted by Jim Heart attack on a bun?

Home of the SEC and Sugar Bowl Champions!
    logitech can never compete with klipsch...klipsch = total ownage

Originally posted by Docsta
    i would say OWNAGE, but not total..lol

Originally posted by TEH WIN

nothin beats a home stereo system
    no doubt

Originally posted by cy
    i would say OWNAGE, but not total..lol

logitech IS competting and will win if their improvment rate continues.

IBM is now at teh level of maxtor, so logitech can scale to klipsch's level as well.

Originally posted by Cameron203

upwards of 700? try upwards of 4000 watts some incredible home theater sytems.

now that will break teh bank lol

Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
    logitech IS competting and will win if their improvment rate continues.

we'll see.

we'll see.
    we better. i havent seen anythign new from the big K in a while. ud think theyd have somethign new or cool to buy.