Thread: sorry, 1 more tyr please fsb/multi

sorry, 1 more tyr please fsb/multi

ok look i am new to this i want to thank every body that is helping me i dont mean to be rude but i need a simple answer!! cause trying to explain fsbxmulti and i am as lost as a deer stairing at my head lights!!! ok first vegeto keeps saying that i am not changing my multiplier at all cause my cup is locked and to check the speed when i boot cause it changes back to the default... ok yes my cpu is locked but when i change the multiplier and dont touch the fsb it changes the speed of the cpu and when i go back to the bios it stays the same as i set it to... ok my bottom line question is what is the proper thing to do, is the final outcome of changing any of these settings the cpu speed and does it matter if i lower the multiplier and raise the fsb or lower the fsb and raise the multiplier... please i dont need explanations on it cause i dont understand can some one just tell me yes or no!!!! once again i thank u all for your patience with me and i understand if u boot me from this web site for stupidity!!!! sorry!!!

Re: sorry, 1 more tyr please fsb/multi

Originally posted by ralphie13
    ok look i am new to this i want to thank every body that is helping me i dont mean to be rude but i need a simple answer!! cause trying to explain fsbxmulti and i am as lost as a deer stairing at my head lights!!! ok first vegeto keeps saying that i am not changing my multiplier at all cause my cup is locked and to check the speed when i boot cause it changes back to the default... ok yes my cpu is locked but when i change the multiplier and dont touch the fsb it changes the speed of the cpu and when i go back to the bios it stays the same as i set it to... ok my bottom line question is what is the proper thing to do, is the final outcome of changing any of these settings the cpu speed and does it matter if i lower the multiplier and raise the fsb or lower the fsb and raise the multiplier... please i dont need explanations on it cause i dont understand can some one just tell me yes or no!!!! once again i thank u all for your patience with me and i understand if u boot me from this web site for stupidity!!!! sorry!!!
    hrm... it actually does change the speed huh?..

where did you buy this CPU? because if you got it retail, your somehow one of the most luckiest guys in the world, as AMD doesnt unlock their CPUs from the factory.. anyways.. i guess its unlocked, since your saying the speed is changing..
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

"Weapons of Ass Destruction"

what cpu?

it is better to lower the multiplier and raise the FSB, increasing the FSB will increase memory bandwidth. the only reason u need to lower the multiplier is to get more FSB and/or make cpu more stable at that FSB speed.

multiplier OC's are pointless IMHO.
    Will Work For FSB

raise the FSB as high as you can before lock ups, lower the multipler to achive higher FSB and Mhz.

And also, before u do all these, do you have proper cooling?