9 47.37%
  • Their Equal

1 5.26%
  • I dont care as long as I have a game system

2 10.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox vs. PS2

Xbox vs. PS2

I am trying to figure out what to buy but cant really decide I think Im going to get a PS2 and rent an Xbox from blockbuster or something if I want to play something different but either I would appreciate anyones help.
    Member - Redneck Yacht Club

*Yawn*

You'll get a flame war asking this.

Its simple. Find the sytem with the most games that you like, and get that one.

FYI, if you go on the XBOX, MS is going to be shifting some stuff around, and EB is going to be selling their "Sega bundle" (system, s controller, JSRF & Sega GT2002) starting tomorrow.

I found it funny when Sony dropped their PS2 to $199.....Microsoft had to follow that and drop the XBOX to $199...i bet they were pissed.
    Current Rig:
    AMD Athlon Barton 2500+ (Volcano 9);Asus A7N8X-E; Geforce 6800; Samsung 512mb PC-2700 DDR333; 80gig WD Special Edition HardDrive; DVD-ROM; Cendyne CDRW; Sound Blaster; WinXP

Originally posted by Paindriver
    I found it funny when Sony dropped their PS2 to $199.....Microsoft had to follow that and drop the XBOX to $199...i bet they were pissed.

MS should have known in advance cause it was a planeed drop. so not too suprising to them

What sucked more was I found out a friend of mine had spent $300 on the XBOX, just 3 weeks earlier from the price drop, I told him if I knew you were going ot buy an XBOX, I would have told you to wait.

Originally posted by Paindriver
    Er, it was sort of the other way around (in a sense). Plans were leaked that MS was going to announce a price drop at this year's E3, so Sony decided to drop their price about three days before the event.

Nintendo followd suit after both of them cut prices.

xbox = m$

too many windows lovers in here! (microsoft)

GTA3 owns u all

My~Rig
    |Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Toledo 2.0GHz @ 2.5Ghz||ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2||OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200|ZALMAN 120MM CNPS7700-CU|
    |ATI XT 1600 PRO|CSB SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1||WD SE16 SATA 320GB HD|Hitachi SATA 160GB HD|Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX 430W Power Supply |WIN 7 Ultimate| (College Budget)

deleted_acct
    GTA 3 does own. Love getting those hookers and taking them in to dark allies hehe or taking an old ladies car and then she comes after you and pulls you out and beats you up and leave hehe.

Originally posted by BIGJIMSLATE
    Er, it was sort of the other way around (in a sense). Plans were leaked that MS was going to announce a price drop at this year's E3, so Sony decided to drop their price about three days before the event.

Nintendo followd suit after both of them cut prices.
    well i meant sony sold a lot of PS2's at the price of $299 and the XBOX didn't have a chance.
    Current Rig:
    AMD Athlon Barton 2500+ (Volcano 9);Asus A7N8X-E; Geforce 6800; Samsung 512mb PC-2700 DDR333; 80gig WD Special Edition HardDrive; DVD-ROM; Cendyne CDRW; Sound Blaster; WinXP

Home of the SEC and Sugar Bowl Champions!
    the xbox has much crisper graphics..plus a faster GPU...xbox has better frame rates than the ps2.

ps2 has a lot of good games plus ps1 games plus squaresoft

WTH?!?! I get sick of this Xbox is better crap. Just because its more powerful doesnt mean its better, look at the 2.4ghz wireless phones for examples. I guess all you xbox people dont like rpgs cause XBOX DOESNT HAVE ANY!

Uhh, xbox has rpg games

xbox has crap for games, halo is the game that kept it alive. they are susposed to be coming out with some new games soon.

id get the ps2 just cause its got a good selection of games
    Will Work For FSB

Originally posted by BIGJIMSLATE
    *Yawn*

You'll get a flame war asking this.

Its simple. Find the sytem with the most games that you like, and get that one.
    I feel almost prophetic...

Well in terms of playing for console games, I prefer the PS2. But if you want the best weight/cost ratio, I'd go with the XBOX since it's so big.

lol true! Im getting a PS2 better games, better accesories and when it comes down to it I would say better over all. Thanx for all the help!

I just got my xbox live beta test kit and was playing some moto gp and its pretty dam fun, voice chat with other players and u can modify ur voice. ghost recon and UT will be out be the end of this month and mech assualt is coming out in november.
    Will Work For FSB

I can just play UT on the computer.

SG Enthusiast
    I have both.

cool, which one do you enjoy better? I already know what Im getting but Im just wondering.