Thread: Weekend shots

Weekend shots

Here are the keepers from this weekend:

Note: I only shot that house because we know the people that live there. Then it turned out to be a nice, typical fall day shot with the cows and the chimney smoke and all. Also note that the ONLY photo that has ANY enhancements at all is shot # 0131 (as noted). I kicked up the color saturation and the contrast to make the picture a little more striking be cause the light we had at that time of the day was pretty harsh and flat. It would have been a much better shot with late afternoon sun, but our day was short. Oh well.

Anyway, enjoy. These are much smaller than the others to spare bandwidth. As always, larger photos are available upon request. PM or email.
    We Remember...
    9|11
    40 miles SW of Mt. St. Helens

And looks like there's a limit on pics per post...Here's the rest...

We Remember...
    9|11

Assembly Required
    Nice pics Dakota. Where were they taken? You ever think about publishing a calendar?

Absolutely Beautiful!!!!!

Gorgeous pics Dakota...............that is a great camera!!!

They are all local pics here in the Vancouver WA area (Southwest Washington near Portland. We're not even close to Canada! ).

And yes, I have thought of a calendar or some other kind of thing to get published. I have a few irons in the fire and will probably be pursuing that in the near future. In the meantime: Shoot everything!

Thanks all for the comments!
    We Remember...
    9|11

Originally posted by Dakota
    They are all local pics here in the Vancouver WA area (Southwest Washington near Portland. We're not even close to Canada! ).

And yes, I have thought of a calendar or some other kind of thing to get published. I have a few irons in the fire and will probably be pursuing that in the near future. In the meantime: Shoot everything!

Thanks all for the comments!
    Hey Dakota. My step-dad lives in Colorado and he has the D30 (is waiting for his D60) and he takes a LOT of photos on vacations and things around there. He gets the good ones framed and sells them to people. He says he makes plenty to pay for his camera and equipment. You should think of doing that.

Good luck, my man!

man.. that really makes me want to get out of the city area. I have a big truck i would just love to take offroading somewhere.. but i have nowhere to take it

beautiful pics, would love to go near those places with my truck
    Originally posted by UnitedWeStand Don't go walking up to her and say "I just had a vasectomy wanna celebrate?
    Originally posted by EvilAngel Actually Kitten just got the sonagram done and the doc thought it was twins at first, but soon realized that it was the boys pen1s laying next to him....lol
    Said by XSeanX on AIM I wish girls were a lot easier
    Originally posted by Needlefreak May the fleas of a thousand taliban camels feast happily on your lower region..
    Originally posted by Jim Heart attack on a bun?

SpeedFreak
    ddaammn

very nice

*drool* I want that camera

Thanks guys!

Yeah, jumpinduo/Teh Win, we're gonna get out a bit more and use our 4x4 too and get back into the sticks. Gonna get a backpack carrier for the cam and start hiking back into the more desolate areas and start shooting. And then start tracking down some info and contacts for getting some pics sold. Starting to gather info now and I do have a lot of good older stuff that wouldn't take much to get it going. Anyway, gonna start on the money-making idea part of it as I'd sure like to get my equipment 'paid for' if nothing else.

Banshee: Heh yeah. I've drooled over pro equipment like this for years. Nice to have it as my own...
    We Remember...
    9|11