Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm glad we NUKED those bastards!

I'm glad we NUKED those bastards!

I'm watching War Stories on CNN and those Japanese SOBs were the most hanious, cruel, ruthless POS!

I use to feel bad that the USA nuked them but after watching this special I'm glad the US made that desicion!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song

I agree EA

they are some psycho bastards when they wanna be!!

the sad part is....we helped them rebuild and give them some tech to improve on and now they have some of the best technology in the world...along with their booming economy. not that its a bad thing...but we help them and they do a whole lot better...

not that it was RIGHT paft, but we couldnt sit around and do anything...I think at that point in the war it came down to a "them or us" kind of decision

yes we could have done it without nukes and controlled them...but the US life lost would have been horrific. a life is a life yes, but I will agree that in that situation it became pretty desperate. the important thing is it stopped before it went TOO far. it could have been a lot worse if we werent the only one with that technology at the time.
    AMD Athlon 1900+ XP | ASUS A7V266E mobo |Visiontek Xtasy GeForce3 Ti500 | 40gb HD 7200 | 16X DVD | 256mb DDR | SBlaster Audigy XGamer | Windows 2000 | Cooler Master ATC-210 Azure
    Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
    this dude needs some pimpish SG title lol

Originally posted by XSeaNX
    I agree EA

they are some psycho bastards when they wanna be!!

the sad part is....we helped them rebuild and give them some tech to improve on and now they have some of the best technology in the world...along with their booming economy. not that its a bad thing...but we help them and they do a whole lot better...

not that it was RIGHT paft, but we couldnt sit around and do anything...I think at that point in the war it came down to a "them or us" kind of decision

yes we could have done it without nukes and controlled them...but the US life lost would have been horrific

Ummm.......sidenote...they don't have a booming economy. Just the opposite in fact. Japan has been in a recession for a very long time.

War is ugly for all sides involved. We have a couple of major reloaction camps in the area. I grew up near one at Hunt Idaho. A lot of them good folk stayed after the war. Nice people. Hard workers and polite.

I had an Uncle who was in occupied Japan for 2 years. He loved it. On the other hand, there isn't anyone here now or then that had as much hate as he did for them during the war. He lost one brother in the Baton death march. His stay in Japan was really a healing experience.

Floating down a river of Dingleberry Juice
    and logic would also state that if we hadnt, they would have lost more lives.

So, in a strange twist of logic, we saved japanese lives the way we did it.
    MSI 845 Ultra-ARU
    p4 1.8a @ 47 BILLION
    radeon8500 (4 HS's)
    2 80gig WD se's raid0/120gig WD
    30gigWD/15gigMaxtor/1.2gig WD
    512megs corsair pc3000xms

Originally posted by Paft
    I hope you lose family to a nuke, or bomb, or some other weapon of mass destruction, just so that you know the pain we caused.

Death is death. People are people.. we're all the same race. I believe an astronaut said it best (paraphraised, pardon my memory):

"When I was up in space, I didn't see boundaries. I didn't see countries or places. I saw a world, a world where there are people. I didn't see races or colors, I just saw humanity."
    Yah ok... those SOB's torched our troops while alive, used them as slkaves, beat then daily, shot thousands just to make room for more they did so god damned many cruel things that were definatly CRUEL AND UNUSSUAL punishment and yet we the US need to say objecctive and allow this? ppfffttt..

*edit*

Paft I hope your family is starved untill they are bloated then thrown into a dark cave just to be fed contaninated rice and water then torchured daily only be be burnt alive or shot. so you'll undestand what pain they put the US threw.
    SG Theme Song

It looks like he did.

Originally posted by downhill
    Ummm.......sidenote...they don't have a booming economy. Just the opposite in fact. Japan has been in a recession for a very long time.

War is ugly for all sides involved. We have a couple of major reloaction camps in the area. I grew up near one at Hunt Idaho. A lot of them good folk stayed after the war. Nice people. Hard workers and polite.

I had an Uncle who was in occupied Japan for 2 years. He loved it. On the other hand, there isn't anyone here now or then that had as much hate as he did for them during the war. He lost one brother in the Baton death march. His stay in Japan was really a healing experience.
    downhill, Im not speaking for numbers...so your probably right, but most of them lead lavish lifestyles...I think it would be pretty cool to live in japan though....pretty country.

however you have to admit they rule the electronics industry.

and EA is right dude...no matter how a person feels you should WISH death upon them...that isnt cool at all. I dont car what someones opinions are
    AMD Athlon 1900+ XP | ASUS A7V266E mobo |Visiontek Xtasy GeForce3 Ti500 | 40gb HD 7200 | 16X DVD | 256mb DDR | SBlaster Audigy XGamer | Windows 2000 | Cooler Master ATC-210 Azure
    Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
    this dude needs some pimpish SG title lol

Originally posted by Paft
    He's also a hypocrate. "I'm glad we nuked those bastards".. excuse me? Either situation it is someone wishing deah upon or glad for the deaths of someone else.

As for Downhill, yes, I did retract my statment. It took away from the message I wanted to give, so I just wouldn't give it at all. But since I am quoted, I guess I will continue in this thread.
    I got your hypocite. Death was inevitable in that war.. war = death,plain and simple.
    SG Theme Song

funny, but the Japanese were not always this (that) way.

during WWI, they were actually very nice to their POWs. as a matter of fact, many german POWs moved back to Japan to live after the war.

then came thier invasion of China, and their previous views and treatment of outsiders (non-japanese) took an abrupt about-face. what they did to the Chinese populace was atrocious.

I wonder what the US response would have been in WWII if the Japanese had tried to wage war by proxy the way it's done today --- you know, instead of using their own army and navy, support and fund a terrorist group to do their dirty work. Say, level a portion of New York?

The Japanese people and their government could look confused and say, "who???? us????"

And what would we do? Let them get away with it?

My guess is Truman would handle things a bit differently than is done in 2002.

Originally posted by torsten
    I wonder what the US response would have been in WWII if the Japanese had tried to wage war by proxy the way it's done today --- you know, instead of using their own army and navy, support and fund a terrorist group to do their dirty work. Say, level a portion of New York?

The Japanese people and their government could look confused and say, "who???? us????"

And what would we do? Let them get away with it?

My guess is Truman would handle things a bit differently than is done in 2002.

Umm...like take out most of the Pacific Fleet on a suprise attack? Dunno......

I think it's just too unrelated to figure out what a response would have been. If the US was going to get involved..it wouldn't make much sense for Japan to take out part of NYC.

And we are talking a country and not an idea.

I lived in Japan for 2 years on a US military base, it is a very pretty place and the people there dont hate the American bases as much as their government would like us to think. I also met a soilder who was in the Batan (I dont know how its spelled) death march) I think that any people is capable of what the Japanes or Germans did, we cannot think we are above that, we're all people.
    XP 1600+ @1606 Mhz, GIGABYTE Mobo WD 60GB 8MBc, 512 MB pc 2100 DDR, GF 2 Ultra, Win XP Pro, CDRWx40

War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things: The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings, which thinks nothing (is) worth a war, is worse.

-John Stuart Mill “The Contest in America”

Originally posted by downhill
    Umm...like take out most of the Pacific Fleet on a suprise attack? Dunno......

I think it's just too unrelated to figure out what a response would have been. If the US was going to get involved..it wouldn't make much sense for Japan to take out part of NYC.

And we are talking a country and not an idea.
    And so am I in this case. I'm talking about countries who are covertly responsible for much of the carnage we've seen lately. They get it done (to the satisfaction of huge portions of their population) without taking responsibility for what they cause to happen. And their governments continue to survive. My point was that the mentality of the US (at least concerning war) was different in that era. We weren't eager for war, but once in it, didn't approach the task in a half-assed PC manner.

Originally posted by Onethenumber2
    I lived in Japan for 2 years on a US military base, it is a very pretty place and the people there dont hate the American bases as much as their government would like us to think. I also met a soilder who was in the Batan (I dont know how its spelled) death march) I think that any people is capable of what the Japanes or Germans did, we cannot think we are above that, we're all people.
    i'd like to add that none of us are perfect. i share your opinion. no, pearl harbor wasn't 'ok' and isn't today, but japan isn't our enemy anymore, and hasn't been for a long time. why hate them now? this is just my opinion so no flames please.

Amro

And so am I in this case. I'm talking about countries who are covertly responsible for much of the carnage we've seen lately. They get it done (to the satisfaction of huge portions of their population) without taking responsibility for what they cause to happen. And their governments continue to survive. My point was that the mentality of the US (at least concerning war) was different in that era. We weren't eager for war, but once in it, didn't approach the task in a half-assed PC manner.
    yup and now we're proactive about it..fight anyone, any time..

i think we've moved from one extreme to another.

Originally posted by Onethenumber2
    I think that any people is capable of what the Japanes or Germans did, we cannot think we are above that, we're all people.
    I agree with this. We should not single out groups of people in a racial sense. People are products of culture and upbringing and circumstance. Unfortunately, when people align themselves with destruction and aggression, they're subject to the response it brings.

Broke
    Had a friend who fought the Japenese in the Dutch Indonisian war.
    He said if he ever in his life had to fight against the Japenese again he would commit suicide first rather than face them in battle again.
    Ruthless warriors they are. Whether they can still muster that ferocity that they had then is another story, the 21st century in civilized countries has softened us all to the point of no return i fear

Originally posted by Amro
    yup and now we're proactive about it..fight anyone, any time..

i think we've moved from one extreme to another.
    Uh..... I think it's fair to say I disagree with that

The fact that the current government in Iran has waged covert warfare for 23 years and is still doing it, is evidence of US timidity.

Uh..... I think it's fair to say I disagree with that

The fact that the current government in Iran has waged covert warfare for 23 years and is still doing it, is evidence of US timidity.

yea bud, that's one example and true..but iraq, afganistan, vietnam, korea, etc..are examples of the rest. shrug, i suppose it's a 2 way street..plus u definately have the right to disagree..it was my opinion....dunno that it's fact, just looking at what i know off the top of my head in a quick thought.

Japan deserved the bomb and more imho.

Japan did in fact create a nuclear weapon...they detonated it in 1945. They also had a bio-weapons program headed by Unit 731.

The sad part is that America covered up Unit 731's activities in exchange for the bio-weapons information.

What made Unit 731's activities so heinous was that they experimented on live people....vivisection to be exact. Japan gassed many people in their own conflicts....and even planned and executed crude deployments of bio-weapons against us in 1944. They flew ballons in the prevailing winds carrying anthrax and plague. They even sent a submarine our way loaded with bio-weapons but we sunk it.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD