Thread: vBulletin installation?

Question vBulletin installation?

putting together a site dedicated to the local underground "hiphop/dnb/music" culture here in hawaii. the main source of money is going to be my friend who is a promoter(indica plootica). he asked me about incorperating a msg board so i looked into it and naturally i checked out vBulletin as it seems to be the most popular.

while browsing their site i noticed the "first time installation fee". this could be bypassed if you are willing to install it yourself.

so basically i need to know how do so. im trying to keep expenses down.
    asdf?

vB will cost you some money if you want the full version (and you will ... the free version is way too watered down)

Check out http://www.phpbb.com - free PHP / MySQL (typically) driven forum. Becoming very popular. It has a lot of schemes and tweaks for it already.

install is actually pretty easy Colour. I administer a VBulletin forum and I had practically no programming (PHP/SQL) skills at the time I installed my forums. They provide you with very clear and simplistic instructions and it literally takes you only minutes to do it.

As for the free version of VBulletin, it has been discontinued.

hey thanks guys.

Roody your reply is pushing me towards vBulletin however FlyingMonkey's suggesting is getting serious consideration.
    asdf?

glad i could help. good luck with everything.