Thread: Looking for a Good Temp Gauge

Looking for a Good Temp Gauge

Hey I am looking for a good quality Temperature Gauge to mount in one of my bays. Been looking at the ThermalTake Hardcano 2 and the DigiDoc 5. DigiDoc obviously has more features but costs more too. I would like to get the DigiDoc based on this and based on feedback I get from people's experience here. The only thing that I don't like about the DigiDoc is that it looks like a mess of wires and I like a clean case. It monitors everything from the cpu temp to your fan speeds to your voltage. I like that I just am envisioning wires going everywhere. If someone does own this could you please let me know exactly what it monitors and where you have to connect everything. *For example if the DIgiDoc pulls the actual voltage by just plugging it into the PSU then please let me know, and monitors the cpu by placing a probe under cpu core, etc.)

Thank you.

Folding Thunder
    What is it you wanna use the temp gauge for? This is what i use. Pretty simple and it gets the job done. Pretty tricky adding the probe under the cpu tho. I had to shave some of the plastic coating off so it'll fit in between the socket and cpu.

http://www.heatsinkstore.com/dualprobdigt.html

Also take a look here :

http://www.directron.com/sensors.html

Hope you find what you're looking for

I haven't even looked at your links yet but did you see what TT Hardcano 2 has done to circumvent doing just that(shaving) Look

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Revie...ano2/index.htm

Look at the pictures towards the bottom how they have trimmed down the wires. Good idea for them.

Folding Thunder
    Looks really good! I need to get some more of those thin temp probes. I'm gonna get a new temp gauge anyways so i'll order a few xtra probes

Just checked out your links I like the first one how it doesn't require any software to run in windows(I think probably the DIgiDoc software is a resource hog) anyone this one right here http://www.directron.com/thermotech.html I like alot because mounts in a 3.5 inch bay and monitors temp and voltage have you dealt with these people before I wonder if its accurate. Don't like the fact that they don't go into detail on what is needed to obtain the temp/voltage though

HOpefully someone who has used the DigiDoc 5 will respond and give me a idea of the quality of the product.

Ok read reviews on DigitalDoc5 no longer interested in it. I am now trying to hunt down a Utility that monitors 2 temps and voltage too. Any suggestions??????

Floating down a river of Dingleberry Juice
    use your tounge and a loudness detector. Stick your tounge against the cpu and the louder you scream, the hotter it is. If you can gauge your scream, you can tell how hot the cpu is.

MSI 845 Ultra-ARU
    p4 1.8a @ 47 BILLION
    radeon8500 (4 HS's)
    2 80gig WD se's raid0/120gig WD
    30gigWD/15gigMaxtor/1.2gig WD
    512megs corsair pc3000xms

LOL I have lost my voice what can I use in the mean time?

Seriously do you have any advice on where to get a Device that monitors Just voltage and 2 temps.

Well I have searched for a couple hours now with no luck. Don't you feel sorry for me???