Thread: remote control

remote control

In WinXPPro how do i set up a machine to be a terminal within a workgroup on my LAN? I'd like to remote control it via this machine.
    I've enabled remote acces on that machine and shared its root drive across my LAN, but when I try to conect via this machine it doesnt see any other computers configured as a terminal in the workgroup.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

WOOT!

ok how do you do that can you post your step? i been trying to get this thing working for a week now.

on the machine you want to take control of, go to the system panel and click the remote tab, and click the box that enables the computer to be remotely controled.
    The thing that was hanging me up is that i did not set a password for my user account. I set up a password for my default account, thern when i go to the remote control window on the remote PC, instead of searching for the computer, i just type in the name(it still wont find one in the workgroup) then use the password for the user account im logging onto and voila!!! remote control.
    i found a script to shut down/reboot the computer remotelyas well, but im not at home and dont have the file/link in ffront of me. I will post it when i get home thursday if you want it.
    If you need more help. PM me.
    J