Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should there be any question...?

Originally posted by Mr. King
    I believe in due process and that you are innocent until proven guilty. I don't believe being neglected as a child is an excuse to kill, steal, or commit any other crime.
    I also don't believe being a child is an excuse to commit crime.
    Mr. White? Are you assuming I'm white?

I agree with that. but that has nothing to do with anything I said.

and no I am not assuming you are white, I said Mr. white - it's another member. You three seem to show up together is all.

RIP PoppaTom
    I was just making it clear that I am not a complete radical.

"and no I am not assuming you are white, I said Mr. white - it's another member. You three seem to show up together is all."

OK, sorry for the misunderstanding. The only member of this board that I know is Poptom.

Originally posted by torsten
    It doesn't really surprise me. It's GROUP behavior. Sure, it's more extreme than you usually see, but it's the same pattern: rational thought and inhibitions of a single person dissolves into a muddled mess -- what other people think becomes paramount. The rush of power that comes from being part of something that's larger than yourself pushes the adrenaline. And it's all justified internally by the others' participation. People will do extreme things if they're part of a group that's justifying the action.

Don't kid yourself into thinking that these are just a weird bunch of psychotics who just happened to meet up one day. It's really not much different from a lot of group behavior that goes on in schools day after day. Most of the time, the victims survive (physically). In this case, it was the same disease, just a much harsher result.

So it obviously deserves condemnation. But are you gonna condemn the result or the cause?

I'll agree with that to an extent. but somewhere the internal governor (sorry, not sure of the correct terms) was bypassed and it went way to far. This is what I mean by their was an obvious mental instabillity. In my mind, no one who kills that easily is mentally "right".

Condem the result or cause? Condem the result and help fix the cause somehow would be the ideal thing IMHO. But i'm not sure if that could work. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that these kids had been in trouble before. Cause? way to many possibilities.

But like you said, the group thing is big here I think. One of them may have been the "leader" and the others just did what he was doing and the problem is no one realized what could happen from what they were doing. Or did they? this is a big question to me.

Home of the SEC and Sugar Bowl Champions!
    LOL...i wasnt insulting.you...though i do remember...you insulting mr.king and me and saying we room together in a smart ass comment...so you struck first dude..not me...

I dont care if people dont agree with me.... its just so sad how you interpret things like everyone is trying to hurt you...poor little Noevo...everyones ganging up on him. dude you really need to chill out and take a chill pill..you cant even have a discussion without cryin about something or how someone was mean to you..god..how do you survive in the real world? i think youre the one who is lost my man.

and you talk about intelligence to eh? yea it makes you look intelligent when you use God's name in vain to shoot back at someone....uh huh.

anyone got some prozaq?

Originally posted by Noevo
    I'll agree with that to an extent. but somewhere the internal governor (sorry, not sure of the correct terms) was bypassed and it went way to far.

Cause? way to many possibilities.
    That internal governor (as I would define it) is faulty in a big percentage of the population. I'd go so far as to say that the minute you do something (negative) in a group that you'd never do as an individual, you've crossed that line.

When I said "cause," I was referring to the groupthink itself.

And yes, of course, condemn the result as well. I should have worded that differently.

RIP PoppaTom

So it obviously deserves condemnation. But are you gonna condemn the result or the cause?
    You condemn the result.

docsta, no apeals, come on man thats just stupid, things go wrogn, ppl sometimes need an apeal.

also it was cruel what they did, but not so unusual these days it seems :/

RIP PoppaTom
    Sorry Torsten, that was a double post.

Wow, the idiots are out in force.

Hard case to call, but I've been in a similar egging situation and damn if I didn't want to beta the kids silly. I don't blame the man for his actions at all TO A CERTAIN DEGREE. Sounds like he didn't know when to stop though.

Sounds like he lacked the common sense to avoid a whupping ...never pick a fight with a swarm of worthless trash too stupid to know what is at risk. So young, geez. Part of me totally hopes they throw the book at them and part wishes for rehabilitation of sorts.

Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
    docsta, no apeals, come on man thats just stupid, things go wrogn, ppl sometimes need an apeal.

also it was cruel what they did, but not so unusual these days it seems :/

i agree with you man...im sorry let me clarify...i was only saying..if a jury of your peers has convicted you to be sent to death? why do you need an appeal if it it SO OBVIOUS that you killed these people(s)? ya know buddy? its just a total waste of time in SOME CASES

Originally posted by Docsta
    i agree with you man...im sorry let me clarify...i was only saying..if a jury of your peers has convicted you to be sent to death? why do you need an appeal if it it SO OBVIOUS that you killed these people(s)?...

give them the apeal, send them to a new judge the next day if its the same verdict, *BANG*

but yard think about it man...look what happens in some trials...they get apeal after apeal after apeal...sometimes 7,8,9, appeals??!! thats ridiculous...waste of money too.

And I want to add a HELL NO to the idea of bringing Saudi style punishments to the US. That's not an example of a society heading in the right direction. There are many nations (e.g. NW Europe) with low crime rates, but they don't achieve it with disgusting barbaric penalities.

The US Constitution and it's guarantee of rights for the accused ROCKS. The only problem with the US is that it doesn't educate its children very well -- including in the important matter of why those rights are so important.

noevo i know thats the way it is genius..once again you impress me with your intelligence.

see its people like you that are gonna cause the crowding of our prisons...

you missed the entire point of my post...read next time how bout it?
    god i feel like an elementary school teach teaching a 3 year old...ok noeve..look what i said

Noevo your idea of a trial is the top paragraph which is the way it is..i understand that but its stupid and ridiclulous.
    EXACTLY...dude grow a brain. What the hell do you think the person that was killed thinks??? THE WAY they were killed is cruel and unusual....now arent they???
    LOL...i wasnt insulting.you...though i do remember...you insulting mr.king and me and saying we room together in a smart ass comment...so you struck first dude..not me...

I dont care if people dont agree with me.... its just so sad how you interpret things like everyone is trying to hurt you...poor little Noevo...everyones ganging up on him. dude you really need to chill out and take a chill pill..you cant even have a discussion without cryin about something or how someone was mean to you..god..how do you survive in the real world? i think youre the one who is lost my man.

and you talk about intelligence to eh? yea it makes you look intelligent when you use God's name in vain to shoot back at someone....uh huh.
    I apolgize, I don't know where I got the idea you were insulting me from.

i agree with you man...im sorry let me clarify...i was only saying..if a jury of your peers has convicted you to be sent to death? why do you need an appeal if it it SO OBVIOUS that you killed these people(s)? ya know buddy? its just a total waste of time in SOME CASES

And it's because of those same "some cases" that it's there for every one.

Originally posted by Mr. King
    You condemn the result.
    If you only condemn the result and not the cause, you're asking for things like this to happen again and again.

And I want to add a HELL NO to the idea of bringing Saudi style punishments to the US. That's not an example of a society heading in the right direction. There are many nations (e.g. NW Europe) with low crime rates, but they don't achieve it with disgusting barbaric penalities.

The US Constitution and it's guarantee of rights for the accused ROCKS. The only problem with the US is that it doesn't educate its children very well -- including in the important matter of why those rights are so important.
    Well said.

RIP PoppaTom
    If you only condemn the result and not the cause, you're asking for things like this to happen again and again.
    How do you figure?

then tell me a good way to punish those who steal besides throwing them in jail for a night..then they will do it again...even the people who break into peoples houses and steal their life earnings.etc...jail time doesnt cut...hell if you cut their arm off..they dont have an arm to steal with do they?? no they dont