Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should there be any question...?

Uninsured for your health

Should there be any question...?

stopped by CNN to read an article my cousin told me about and found this...

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/Midwest/1....ap/index.html

About 20 kids, 10 to 18 beat a man to death...what is up with kids today? Do they have NO respect for life?

They're unsure if the 9 kids they arrested would be charged as adults or not...personally, I thing because of the savage nature of the attack, they should be charged as adults...

This just makes me sick...

Police Chief Arthur Jones said about 16 to 20 young men who had gathered Sunday night prodded a 10-year-old to throw an egg at Young. The egg hit the Milwaukee man in the shoulder, and he started chasing the boy. But a 14-year-old got between the two, and Young punched him, knocking out a tooth.

Several of the youths then banded together to attack Young, Jones said. They chased him onto the porch of a house on the city's north side and pummeled him, leaving blood spattered from floor to ceiling, police said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

thats just unf@cking believable

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

I think they should be put in a mental institution until they are mentaly stable, because obviously they arn't.

Home of the SEC and Sugar Bowl Champions!
    since the United State's justice system is the worst on the planet..i think we should take each one of those kids TOMORROW and put them all in the Louisiana gas chamber..and gas em all..

RIP PoppaTom
    Absolutely disgusting.
    Those kids will most likely do a couple years at most.
    I like what Docsta said.

If the guy attacked them as the article states, then they are in no way mentally unstable.

Originally posted by Paft
    If the guy attacked them as the article states, then they are in no way mentally unstable.

they (several) killed someone (one person) for (one of them)being punched in the mouth = mentally unstable.

C'mon paft think for gods sake!

RIP PoppaTom
    Originally posted by Paft
    Did you read the article? They beat the guy to a pulp and then dragged him back outside when he tried to escape and beat him some more. If they were capable of beating him that bad then they were also capable of detaining him and calling the police. He would have gotten in a lot of trouble for assaulting a minor.

it said that they threw an egg at him first, he chased the kid that did it, and another kid stepped into it. they use the word kid, but a 17 year old is fair game if he throws an egg at me or gets in between me and the one who did.
    just my .02

i mean gimme a break... like the bible says "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" The way our justice system should work should be NO APPEALS EVER... the trial should last 1, two days minimum..present the evidence, and make the decisision..all this money that is wasteing on putting guilty people on trial is a total disgrace. We should kill those that are guilty no more than a week after they murdered that innocent person. In this case..we should take all these kids.. get a bunch of pissed off Death Row inmates..give them all metal little league baseball bats, including the kids who killed that guy, and let them all beat the crap out of each other, until all of are dead..whoever is left..can experience the love of a gas chamber...

now if we had that kinda justice system..90% more people would think about commiting a crime...

I love what they do in Saudia Arabia..a guy no less that a year ago..stole a car deck out of an automobile of some kind... with NO TRIAL...like i said.. NO TRIAL..they took him into prison...they got a machette and chopped the arm off he stole with. We should implement that policy into america or else this country is gonna go to hell in a hand basket.... if you steal a candy bar..you get your hand chopped off..you steal a car receiver deck..you get your arm chopped off... yes more people would think about theft if that happened. But noooo...our stupid justice system would just fine that moron and throw him in jail for a night... and then what would he do the next day? STEAL AGAIN...EXACTLY. and then if we caught him again we would fine him..the throw him in jail for a night...so sad the usa is.

trial- innocent until proven guilty - jury of your peers.

Thats the way it is Docsta and it's a hell of a lot better than what you described.

so sad your point of view is. It's barbaric. and we may not be perfect but nothing is.

cruel and unusual punishment is not a way to run a society.

RIP PoppaTom
    It doesn't change the fact that victims in this country have no rights.
    Criminals are treated like victims and the actual victims are left out to dry.
    That's sad.

Why do I get the feeling, Mr. King, that you and Docsta have very similar thoughts? Or was that mr. white? you three share a room or somethin'?

noevo i know thats the way it is genius..once again you impress me with your intelligence.

see its people like you that are gonna cause the crowding of our prisons...give a 6 month trial to someone you know who is guity..but sit there on ur ass in the jury and and in the discussion room debating over pointless evidence when all of you know that that person sitting out there is guilty...

you missed the entire point of my post...read next time how bout it?
    god i feel like an elementary school teach teaching a 3 year old...ok noeve..look what i said

"the trial should last 1, two days minimum..present the evidence, and make the decisision..all this money that is wasteing on putting guilty people on trial is a total disgrace."

like i said. "THE TRIAL"

Noevo your idea of a trial is the top paragraph which is the way it is..i understand that but its stupid and ridiclulous. you idea of a trial for those kids is to let them sit in a court room for six months to a year deciding on what to do with them..only to figure out that they will be sent to jail for 2 years...you gotta be kiddin me Noevo?

Originally posted by Noevo

cruel and unusual punishment is not a way to run a society.

EXACTLY...dude grow a brain. What the hell do you think the person that was killed thinks??? THE WAY they were killed is cruel and unusual....now arent they???

RIP PoppaTom
    I believe in due process and that you are innocent until proven guilty. I don't believe being neglected as a child is an excuse to kill, steal, or commit any other crime.
    I also don't believe being a child is an excuse to commit crime.
    Mr. White? Are you assuming I'm white?

Thumbs up

lol king...i totally agree with King.

Originally posted by Docsta
    [B]noevo i know thats the way it is genius..once again you impress me with your intelligence.

god i feel like an elementary school teach teaching a 3 year old...ok noeve..look what i said
    insult in every damn thing you post. your ideas are most of the time lost because you consider everyone stupid for not subscribing to the same thoughts you do. I disagree with your ideas. Why is that a problem? I don't mind if you disagree with mine, yet you insult me for not agreeing with you.

AND SPELL MY GOD DAMN NAME RIGHT IF YOU ARE GONNA TALK ABOUT INTELLIGENCE!!! All you have to do is look next to what I posted and it's spelled out for ya. Need a frickin' picture?

Give me a good post, whether I like it or not, and do so without insulting someone, in others words - intelligently. And your ideas would have more weight and be taken more seriously.

Why is that such a problem for you?

Originally posted by Docsta
    EXACTLY...dude grow a brain. What the hell do you think the person that was killed thinks??? THE WAY they were killed is cruel and unusual....now arent they???

Not everyone lives by "eye for an eye" though. Can you live with that and accept it without INSULTING me? nah, didn't think so.

It doesn't really surprise me. It's GROUP behavior. Sure, it's more extreme than you usually see, but it's the same pattern: rational thought and inhibitions of a single person dissolves into a muddled mess -- what other people think becomes paramount. The rush of power that comes from being part of something that's larger than yourself pushes the adrenaline. And it's all justified internally by the others' participation. People will do extreme things if they're part of a group that's justifying the action.

Don't kid yourself into thinking that these are just a weird bunch of psychotics who just happened to meet up one day. It's really not much different from a lot of group behavior that goes on in schools day after day. Most of the time, the victims survive (physically). In this case, it was the same disease, just a much harsher result.

So it obviously deserves condemnation. But are you gonna condemn the result or the cause?