Thread: video in

video in

ok i'm trying to hook up my dreamcast to my pc but i don't know how this thing work since this is my first time im doing this kinda thing and the tv in my room no longer work. I'm using a Geforce 4 ti4200 128mb card. Can someone walk me throught how to set it up?

I don't think that is possible unless you have a video in on your computer video card. I think most video cards only have a video out. But if you have a video in on your video card on your computer then hook the video out on your dreamcast to the video in on your video card. And get a 1/8" mini jack to 2 red/white RCA Jack to hook up the audio.

I think i have video in. There is a cable that came with the card that label. in/out but when i plug in the video out from my dreamcast to the video in cable nothing happen when i trun on my dreamcast. Am i suppose to use some kind of software?

PS: crap i think i posted in the wrong section of the forum. sorry hehe

Damn I'm stupid. Just realized something if you are plugging your dreamcast into the video of your computer where are you plugging your monitor????? I really don't think it will work bro. I would grab a t.v. at wal-mart or something real cheap like under 100 bucks.

Here's the card i'm using

edit: oops wrong link
    http://www1.soltek.com.tw/English/product/ti4200.htm

Yea but I don't think you can go through your comp to produce video signal and interactivity you see what I mean?

Only thing I think you can do is hook your dreamcast directly to you monitor through s-video or RCA but your monitor would have to support this.

Sorry man thats tv out

256-bit Graphics Core
    nFiniteFXTMII Engine
    Core Clock 250 MHz
    128MB DDR Frame Buffer
    Memory Bandwidth 8GB/s
    DVI output for digital flat-pannel displays
    VIVO (Video in/Video Out)
    TV-OUT: S-Video connector
    You definately have Video in, but i'm not sure what to tell you to try....check to make sure ur using the right cord when you hook the console up to the video in plug on the card.

Floating down a river of Dingleberry Juice
    You need a program to see the video in. I've used ati videoin player, or you can find another. I think even media player will see videoin. So, you dont just plug it in and whoope. You need a program that'll run it.

you need to select the source, which will be listed as your video card.
    MSI 845 Ultra-ARU
    p4 1.8a @ 47 BILLION
    radeon8500 (4 HS's)
    2 80gig WD se's raid0/120gig WD
    30gigWD/15gigMaxtor/1.2gig WD
    512megs corsair pc3000xms

Yea but I don't think the game will filter through the comp. I think it will have to direct connect to the monitor via s-video or something

Originally posted by Cameron203
    Yea but I don't think the game will filter through the comp. I think it will have to direct connect to the monitor via s-video or something
    No, it'll filter as video. think about it... how can it tell if that video is from a camcorder or a saturn? i havent tried it... but I dont see why it wont work.
    MSI 845 Ultra-ARU
    p4 1.8a @ 47 BILLION
    radeon8500 (4 HS's)
    2 80gig WD se's raid0/120gig WD
    30gigWD/15gigMaxtor/1.2gig WD
    512megs corsair pc3000xms

Yea but what I am saying is if he hooks it up to his video card and has his monitor hooked up to his video card via his comp that will be two video signals only one can go at a time

BTW True don't you have an ABIT IT7 MAX mobo?

i don't know any good software out there that allow me to see video in. I tried window media player and i got nothing .

see... you plug the video game thingge into the video in. That signal is processed by the computer.

You use a media program that can handle a video in signal, there are a number of them avialable. If you have the proper drivers installed, you go into the settings for the media program and select using your video card for video in.

Then, you'll have this program go full screen.

I cant think of a reason why this wouldnt work.

so anyone know any free software out there that allow me to use this video in feature?

Originally posted by silkman
    so anyone know any free software out there that allow me to use this video in feature?
    Check the drivers disc or the manufacturers page for info and any such programs. Half the time they're proprietary programs, I've run into only a couple (could just be me though) that acually provide windows capture drivers.

Yes you should have some software with the card... My asus came with three such programs... Try getting asus's software... it was able to run my web cam..?

k the only software that came with the card is cyberlink powerdvd and cyberlink powerdirector. But i've been playing around with director all day and i can't get it to work.