Thread: The Vulcans gave us Velcro!

The Vulcans gave us Velcro!

So did anyone catch Enterprise last night? So the vulcans gave us velcro huh hehe...

I thought the episode was Ok, not great, but just Ok. I thought it would be comedic, but it wasn't.

To me what really brought it down was how emotional the vulcans were. In fact I'm kind of angry how ALL the vulcans have been in Enterprise so far. They aren't acting, well, Vulcan. Hell, Spock was only half Vulcan and he acted more vulcan then these vulcans! If anything you would think vulcans in the 23rd/24th century would be a little more emotional being around humans so long. But not these vulcans, they should be purlely logical and not showing any emotion at all because they haven't been around humans all that much yet.

Now, next weeks enterprise looks really good, they meet the romulans for the first time. It will be neat to see how they pull that off because there is a lot of continuity to deal with here, and of course lead up to the big Earth/Romulan war which at it's end leads to the founding of the Federation. So i'm interested to see how they introduce the Romulans.

What was that show about yesterday? I only saw one part and that was when a male Vulcan came home and the TV was on with some western cowboy shoot out or the sound of it. It looked like they were in the past but what reason? Was it just a fantasy?
    *Space For Rent*

Certified SG Addict

Re: The Vulcans gave us Velcro!

Originally posted by Brent
    So did anyone catch Enterprise last night? So the vulcans gave us velcro huh hehe...

I thought the episode was Ok, not great, but just Ok. I thought it would be comedic, but it wasn't.

To me what really brought it down was how emotional the vulcans were. In fact I'm kind of angry how ALL the vulcans have been in Enterprise so far. They aren't acting, well, Vulcan. Hell, Spock was only half Vulcan and he acted more vulcan then these vulcans! If anything you would think vulcans in the 23rd/24th century would be a little more emotional being around humans so long. But not these vulcans, they should be purlely logical and not showing any emotion at all because they haven't been around humans all that much yet.

Now, next weeks enterprise looks really good, they meet the romulans for the first time. It will be neat to see how they pull that off because there is a lot of continuity to deal with here, and of course lead up to the big Earth/Romulan war which at it's end leads to the founding of the Federation. So i'm interested to see how they introduce the Romulans.
    Perhaps the Vulcans underwent a "reformation" after being influenced by other cultures, so in the time of Kirk's Enterprise Vulcans are more emotionally sobered and more focused on the pursuit of pure logic.

We'll get to see the Federation's first encounter with the Romulans not too long before Nemesis, so it ought to be a cool way to contrast how different/similar the encounters were.