Thread: Tornado!

Blog Entries

Tornado!

We had tornadoes move through our area this afternoon...just got home from work...the area on the south side of Indianapolis was hit very hard...did a lot of damage. Looks like the south side (Beech Grove) area of Indianapolis may be without power for up to a week..

The tornado tracked from the southwest side of Indianapolis thru the south side and then up the east side of Indy...there is a driving range about 500 yards from our house. It's gone.

Fortunately, no damage to our house...we just got power back here about 30 minutes ago (these storms hit around 1:30 this afternoon)...

Still haven't been able to get ahold of my brother, who lives down on the south side and is more in line with the path of the tornado than we were...
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

saw that on the news= we just got your rain. glad your ok hope your brother is ok
    I am awesome.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Sounds like a rough day, hope everything turns out for the best.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Tucson, Arizona Processor: GenuineIntel Member #4896
    well, you're online.... at least the cable works

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Qwijib0
    well, you're online.... at least the cable works
    For my area anyway...the Beech Grove area is completely out...both the primary fiber into that area AND the redundant fiber that feeds down there got cut because of the damage...that area will be without power and cable for at least a few days...

Sounds like a rough day, hope everything turns out for the best.
    It's going to be a rough week...our work will be cut out for us over the next week or so...
    ------

SpeedFreak
    We had some of that over here. Tornado watches and warnings all day.

Blog Entries
    We had tornado sirens going off for about an hour around town here...

I saw some radar, realized that the really bad stuff was heading to where I was, so I re-routed myself to jobs that I had further north of the city...
    ------

we'll its nice to see ya on-line. hope evrything turns out alright. nice to see there were no deaths. well best of luck. im leaving laterz

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Originally posted by Indy
    For my area anyway...the Beech Grove area is completely out...both the primary fiber into that area AND the redundant fiber that feeds down there got cut because of the damage...that area will be without power and cable for at least a few days...

It's going to be a rough week...our work will be cut out for us over the next week or so...
    Whoa! Dorothy hit hard. Glad you and your family is o.k.

If you guys need help with the fiber repairs just give me a call.
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Originally posted by Joint Chiefs Of Staff
    If you guys need help with the fiber repairs just give me a call.
    Why, do you have the number for a competent fiber tech?
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by RoundEye
    ------

Wow!!! Glad to see that you and your family made it through it without any damage. We must of got lucky over here, all we had today was rain...whew!

What a day we had, It took me almost an hour to drive the 12 miles from Community East Hospital to New Palestine this afternoon. Every street from 16th south was blocked some where between Franklin and Shadeland, I took English and got to the Kroger plant where the street east and north from there (Shortridge) looked like someone scattered tooth picks and spagetti everywhere from English north. The Train was stuck just west of Arlington do to trees on the track.
    Lifetime Coaster Count: 236
    Coasters Conqured in 2004: 26

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by kneemeister
    What a day we had, It took me almost an hour to drive the 12 miles from Community East Hospital to New Palestine this afternoon. Every street from 16th south was blocked some where between Franklin and Shadeland, I took English and got to the Kroger plant where the street east and north from there (Shortridge) looked like someone scattered tooth picks and spagetti everywhere from English north. The Train was stuck just west of Arlington do to trees on the track.
    Yeah, we saw the video of the downed telephone poles along Shortridge road down by English Ave...glad I didn't have to work in that area...

I hate to see what tomorrow brings when everyone has a better idea what the true damage was...
    ------

I failed to mention the Cell Phone tower along Shortridge that was crushed like a swizzle stick!!

Tucson, Arizona Processor: GenuineIntel Member #4896
    Originally posted by RoundEye
    OWNED!

If your browser can't read unicode, you should probably switch!

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by kneemeister
    I failed to mention the Cell Phone tower along Shortridge that was crushed like a swizzle stick!!
    Yeah, someone on WIBC was talking about that...cell coverage down in Beech Grove/Southport was pretty much non-existant this evening...
    ------