Thread: Help with Quake3

Question Help with Quake3

hey everyone,

recently quake 3 has been acting up on me lately, everytime i try to log onto a server it gives me this error (CLIENT_UNKNOWN_TO_AUTH) doesn anyone know what that means or know how to fix it?
    Im running Windows ME
    abit kt7-raid
    tbird 1GHZ
    256mb crucial ram
    geforce 2 MX

thanks in advance

Somewhere drinking like its going out of style.

Get the upgrade?? 1.27g and 1.27h they should be here, www.quake3arena.com

Also if you are playing a mod, i.e. Ra3, or cctf, you will need to get thier upgrades as well. Install the Quake 3 update, then the mod update.

thanks for the reply....

I already have the updates. currently running 1.27h. this is a weird problem sometimes it would let me join the server but other times it gives me that error. even if i join a server with the default Q3 maps. ones i already have. this just started hapening recently.

Somewhere drinking like its going out of style.

Uninstall and reinstalled yet?? Just remember to back up your cfg files. Should go pretty seemlessly, when i first went to 1.27, and the ra3 upgrade, it whacked it all. Had to reinstall from scratch and it helped. Kinda sux i know but might be an option.

thanks for your help silver.

quake is working now, it wasnt a problem on my end. dont know what went wrong, but all the sudden it works now.

about your suggestion of reinstalling it. yesterday i formatted my HDD and did a clean install of win me hoping it would fix the prob....but it didn't. oh well, it works now....thanx