Thread: 9/11 Memorial

9/11 Memorial

Found this article on CNN's website this morning. We tend to have some interesting discussions in here and i'm interested in hearing what people have to say about this

It was the artists interpretation of the events. I see nothing wrong with the statue.

Amazing. In these days of reality TV and all thing real, and people watching hours for 9|11 memorials they find this disturbing. There is (was and always will be) art in tragedy. Yes, it's disturbing. It's supposed to be. As a long time amateur photographer I felt a huge urge to want to be in NY when all this was going on to photograph it. Some of the most amazing photos I have seen in recent years, probably since the Oklahoma bombing, came as a result of 9|11.

Art in tragedy. It's beautiful.
    We Remember...
    9|11
    40 miles SW of Mt. St. Helens

I think it would be one thing if this was in a museum of some sort, where you elected to go and see this.

Why people complained was that thousands of people have to walk past Rockefeller center everyday to get to and from work, and most dont want to keep being reminded and seeing it day in and day out. Especailly if you lost a loved one, and knew they were on those top floors.

I totally 100% agree Davy.

Originally posted by davy19
    I think it would be one thing if this was in a museum of some sort, where you elected to go and see this.
    Also agreed.
    We Remember...
    9|11
    40 miles SW of Mt. St. Helens

That is horrable!! It should stay there to honor the poor people that lept, Who cares what those other people think? Do they want people to forget these things? I think that any form of memorial art is acceptable...........

Originally posted by NexariaN
    That is horrable!! It should stay there to honor the poor people that lept, Who cares what those other people think? Do they want people to forget these things? I think that any form of memorial art is acceptable...........

The only way I can ever forget is if I get Amnesia.

How is this honoroing the people who died? When you want to honor someone, honor them by the way they lived, and what they accomplished in life, not their last few moments on earth, and how they died.

There will always be a different way that something can be expressed, and yes your right davy19, but this person wanted to capture the harsh reality that "was" 9-11...at least that was his way of expressing that....