Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo Of The Day ??

I'm Serious....

Its so cool in San Francisco to watch a storm or fog come in from the coast. its truly cool, watching the clouds move and churn :2cool:

hye NexariaN I live in SF.
    I can almost see that view from the roof o fmy appartment.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

Hanging out with Prince Albert Needlefreak's Avatar
    Originally posted by NexariaN
    Its so cool in San Francisco to watch a storm or fog come in from the coast. its truly cool, watching the clouds move and churn :2cool:
    Oh hell no!!! That scares me just from the pic...

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Originally posted by Noevo
    Couldn't decide between the two so you get both

Dude, where is that? Your boat?

Looks like an early Glasspar G-3...a very classic fiberglass skiboat. But yet it looks too "chunky". Cannot make out the signia on the side. Models started in the late 50's, kept rolling out the factory up til the early 70's or so I believe.

Matter of fact, if I came across one, I'd buy it.

Loses a lot of it's look with the windshield missing. Officially rated for 65hp, here's one a guy built up with a Merc 225 on it. Pics are from an owners club website, very faded. This guy here customized his transom, to accomodate the massive engine. But from the front and sides, the boat in your pic looks similar to an early G-3.

MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Good eye YeOlde.

Took those last year at our families cottage. It is in fact a G3, the year is escaping me right now. between a 62 and 65.

My dad bought it and has spent the last year and a half restoring it. Had to put a whole new floor in, the stingers were rotted and there was a hole in the floor above the stringers. He built a new transom for it as well, could put your fingers through the original. Seats were also rotted all to hell. so he used the originals as a pattern and built new seats and took them to have them upholstered.

There was no windshield on it when we got it, and it's been a pain to find one. There was one company that made them but has since stopped. Still looking for one though. the holes are there just waiting for one.

Paid $800 for it including a dead motor. Have gone through several motors/steering setups on it this last year trying to find something we liked. Pretty much settled on the merc you see in the picture. It's a 60 or 65hp.

He also completly redid the surface, lots of hole filling. He did the paint job himself, using a dry brush technique following a roller. cam out awesome and is close to an original color.

My dad grew up on our lake and a lot of people had g3's so he sold the four winns and bought this. Was a great project and the damn thing is blast to drive! A lot of the details are still being done, lights and such. i'll be posting more pics for him in the spring i'm sure. He also has a ton of pics of during the restoration. Including what the boat looked like when he bought it.

I have a lot more pics of it though, as you see it now, some when the seats were being put in.

http://www.rburr.com/boat/ theres a couple of subdirectories there as well. check 'em out.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Thanks for the links to more pics. The paint job really does look gorgeous on the close ups....fantastic job. The seats look similar to some I custom built on one of my old boats, I had a Cane Cutter which is made by Checkmate, was pretty much a lake boat, but I had her in the ocean. Low profile to it, so had to chop some seats down low. Great ski boat, put in a custom ski pylon.

I've always loved the G-3's, them, and some of the SV Glastrons, such as the Carlsson signature series. My dad got me into them, there's one or two G-3's in my area. My last girlfriend, when I met her and first had gone over to her parents house, well, her brother had a G-3 in the back yard, unused for years. He worked at marina's, and restored it...had a black metal flake gelcoat, rebuilt the transom, smoked black windshield, had a Merc 70 on it. Oh how I wanted to buy that from them. Ah well, long gone now.

Thanks again for the pics, enjoyed them. Lemme know when you get some more.

BTW, same exact paddleboat my fiancee's kid has.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat

BTW, same exact paddleboat my fiancee's kid has.
    Wonder if it's used as rarely...

Boats in storage right now, but I know he just got a speedometer for it. Always looking for, and finding, the little things for it on Ebay.

We went to the western part of Michigan to get this one, was quite a trip considering I think the tires on the trailer were original heh.

If you're ever in Michigan between memorial day and labor day, give a holler. be glad to take you out in it.

I'll let you know when I have more pics.

Folding Thunder
    Originally posted by Synthetic Judas

What kind of racing is that? Never saw that b4.

Hanging out with Prince Albert Needlefreak's Avatar
    I think it's Sidecar racing but I could be wrong...

Blog Entries

Sweet !!

Now... who are these people ? LOL Are some of them you, Ken, and some other locals that I should know ?

this ones Ken;

http://www.speedguide.net/~philip/ga...3/P2010032.JPG

I don't see any of Philip...hmmmm

I swear I saw john thouhg

also appear to be some broken links that should be fixed towards the end!

great pics Philip

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Noevo
    this ones Ken;

http://www.speedguide.net/~philip/ga...3/P2010032.JPG

I don't see any of Philip...hmmmm

I swear I saw john thouhg

also appear to be some broken links that should be fixed towards the end!

great pics Philip
    Thanks

I was takng the pics, that's why I'm not there... I did post some of me that same evening in the original thread about Gasparilla here: http://forums.speedguide.net/showthr...hreadid=104883

John is not down here yet, he'll probably make it during spring break...

The "broken" images are not there on purpose, trying to keep it PG13
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑