Thread: p4 2.26 p4 2.4??

p4 2.26 p4 2.4??

at googlegear.com its only $3 difference between the two... i see everyone getting either the 2.26 or the 2.53, but havent seen anyone really gettin the 2.4... why is that? im ordering parts today for a new comp, any input would be appreciated thanks..

everyone is getting what they can afford

get what you can afford

if there is only a $3 difference get the 2.4, heh

i mean really, get the fastest you can if that's what you want...

Idolized Industry Killer §I€MFKR™'s Avatar

Re: p4 2.26 p4 2.4??

Originally posted by Nspyr
    at googlegear.com its only $3 difference between the two... i see everyone getting either the 2.26 or the 2.53, but havent seen anyone really gettin the 2.4... why is that? im ordering parts today for a new comp, any input would be appreciated thanks..
    I have a 2.4, and it wasn't good for OCing at all, I pulled it and got 2.8, I have seen nice things done with the 2.53, IMO, I would avoid the 2.4. But make sure it is a B series, not A series, The B series is the 533mhz Bus.
    Bone, Brain, And Co*k
    Silence For My Revelry

I can reach 3Ghz on my 2.4B when cooled very good with a huge ass alpha cooler

otherwise it works great at 2.84Ghz all tucked away in my main pc here with a stock intel hsf

Idolized Industry Killer §I€MFKR™'s Avatar
    Originally posted by Brent
    I can reach 3Ghz on my 2.4B when cooled very good with a huge ass alpha cooler

otherwise it works great at 2.84Ghz all tucked away in my main pc here with a stock intel hsf
    I dunno, I had nothing but probs with mine, Maybe my mobo didn't like it, Whatever the reason ?
    Bone, Brain, And Co*k
    Silence For My Revelry