Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: American or Foreign Car?

Assembly Required
    Originally posted by ghost
    Wanna lose?

96 Nissan 200SX-best car ive ever owned...except for my 73 C.C. Deville 502 C.I. i believe.it was white with blue interior and i painted blue flames on the front it was the coolest trashy car i ever owned
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version

Mitsubishi that cost me an arm and a leg every time something went wrong. I guess i got a lemon. 2 weeks ago it finally met it's end and it is no more. Now I'm looking for a new car, going to take my time with this purchase.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    On my second Jeep Wrangler, always modified a bit for off roading, and some engine tweaks.

BMW also. If foreign, I go German. Love Italian (Alfa in the past), but can't afford the upkeep.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I've pretty much owned domestic cars all my life, even though, no matter the name in the last 15 years, the cars are really made all over the world...

Sidenote...due to circumstances beyond my control...

I had to sell my 56 F150 about 4 months ago...

A sad downhill....
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

Originally posted by Hybridmonolith
    Quite the statement with no proof, GM still provides jobs for americans.
    Why are you doubting me? As a camaro owner, i thought you would know these things before spending your hard earned money on products you think are made in the USA.

Here's the proof http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=4199

Also, BMW, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes, and many other "foreign" companies STILL provide jobs for Americans
    UNOFFICIAL THREAD-ENDER

Originally posted by Suzie
    Mitsubishi that cost me an arm and a leg every time something went wrong. I guess i got a lemon. 2 weeks ago it finally met it's end and it is no more. Now I'm looking for a new car, going to take my time with this purchase.
    I would be interested in hearing about the contenders. Let us know, if you feel like sharing. Perhaps someone here has some insight on one of the selections.

Idolized Industry Killer §I€MFKR™'s Avatar
    Originally posted by rickabilities
    Why are you doubting me? As a camaro owner, i thought you would know these things before spending your hard earned money on products you think are made in the USA.

Also, BMW, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes, and many other "foreign" companies STILL provide jobs for Americans
    What proof is that? I say's nothing about being built in other counties. Where's the stuff about the plant in some desert, paying 1.50 an hour.?
    Bone, Brain, And Co*k
    Silence For My Revelry

Just as GM provides jobs for foreigners.

GM's Hydra-matic transmissions are used in BMW's, Holdens, Rovers and Hummers, for example.

GM operates a transmission facility in France as well, if I recall correctly.

And BMW has a huge plant in Georgia.

Are we done yet? EVERY car is an amalgamation of parts from different countries. Hell Harley Davidson motorcycles are more Canadian than American.

I don't even understand why people are arguing over something so patently dumb. You want an ALL American car you best not buy anything newer than about a 1935 Desoto.

Yeesh.

-Bouncer-

Originally posted by Hybridmonolith
    What proof is that? I say's nothing about being built in other counties. Where's the stuff about the plant in some desert, paying 1.50 an hour.?
    Try to follow your own train of thought here. You said you like to give jobs to "your own people" which i'm assuming are Americans. But you stated you own a Camaro SS, which I just showed you proof is or shall i saw was built in Canada.

Plus do you want to enlighten us on what car is currently being sold and marketed in the United States that are being manufactured by people making 1.50/hr??????
    UNOFFICIAL THREAD-ENDER

Idolized Industry Killer §I€MFKR™'s Avatar
    Try to follow your own train of thought here. You said you like to give jobs to "your own people" which i'm assuming are Americans. But you stated you own a Camaro SS, which I just showed you proof is or shall i saw was built in Canada.

Plus do you want to enlighten us on what car is currently being sold and marketed in the United States that are being manufactured by people making 1.50/hr??????
    As far as i'm concerned this conversation is over. Like Bouncer said, It's Stupid.
    Bone, Brain, And Co*k
    Silence For My Revelry

i agree. but my original purpose was to show how stupid your first post was for being bias for "american" manufacturers.
    UNOFFICIAL THREAD-ENDER

both car and trk are american

Has a 2001 Monte Carlo SS. very, very purty car!!
    I live in my own little world, but it's OK, they know me here.

Originally posted by Bouncer
    And BMW has a huge plant in Georgia.

Yeesh.

-Bouncer-
    Actually it is in greenville south carolina but you were close!
    Speedguide.... If you don't love Obama you won't like it here.
    Straight out the Trailer!
    Re.....Spect "walk"!

MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 3G of Ram, OS X

I currently drive a 2000 2-Door Honda Civic. The only thing i don't like about it is that it doesn't have enough power for me. Wish i could of got a Prelude (I don't soup up my cars).

Honda......reputation.....need i say more?
    I don't think many cars in that price range can get a decent trade in value.

others I like:

Toyota - Cars, Trucks
    Dodge - Trucks

If it is a car i will buy foreign Honda/Toyota.
    But trucks i like both foreign non-foreign. i like those dodge pickups.

I used to like Ford pickups but not anymore....never had a thing for chevy's.

Oh and i can't forget my oh noing CORVETTE

If i was a rich man i would be driving an ACURA NSX
    Current Rig:
    AMD Athlon Barton 2500+ (Volcano 9);Asus A7N8X-E; Geforce 6800; Samsung 512mb PC-2700 DDR333; 80gig WD Special Edition HardDrive; DVD-ROM; Cendyne CDRW; Sound Blaster; WinXP

Smyrna, Delaware Car: 1998 Honda Accord EX Occupation: Honda Service Coordinator

Thumbs up HONDAS RULE

I personally drive a 1990 Honda Accord 4 door LX model. It is automatic and just turned over 179,000 miles. I have updated the wheels with ones off of a 1998 Acura CL. They are 16" wheels. I have also replaced the turn signal lenses (down in the bumper) and the marker light lenses with the clear ones. Runs great ... guess the fact that I am a Honda technician might help.

Antec Nine Hundred case, 4GB A-Data DDR2 800 RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz, ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP MB, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 video card, ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD, Aerocool FP-01 Multifunction panel w/card reader, Zerodba 620W PSU, LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD with LightScribe SATA, Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203B SATA, Acer P241W 24" w/s monitor, Canon CanoScan LiDE 35 scanner, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.

Re: HONDAS RULE

Originally posted by mwkirchner
    I personally drive a 1990 Honda Accord 4 door LX model. It is automatic and just turned over 179,000 miles. I have updated the wheels with ones off of a 1998 Acura CL. They are 16" wheels. I have also replaced the turn signal lenses (down in the bumper) and the marker light lenses with the clear ones. Runs great ... guess the fact that I am a Honda technician might help.

I guess at your age it's time to settle down with a nice, quiet, dependable car.

Just messing with you.

No doubting Honda's rep for quality and miles of trouble-free operation, especially when operated by a Honda tech. Looks clean!

Now, time for you to get a hot cam, some new heads, headers, custom EPROM....

I'm still working on my big, slow Chevy:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ghostss/car.html

Well I really don't know what i have my 2000 mazda truck is really a ford ranger. So is it foreign or domestic??? I don't know

And my wifes car is a 2002 Saab. Pretty awesome car IMO..