Thread: So I'm surfing....

So I'm surfing....

Quite literally, surfing. The day is slightly overcast, and it is late afternoon. I don't suspect there's anything wrong and the day seemed to be going fairly well. I'd caught a few good waves and had some fun in the surf, now it was time to go home.

From the surf I emerged....chest....waist....knees....and that's when I noticed something was wrong.

My stride seemed labored, my left leg required favor to keep going. I looked down and saw something sickening....there was a gaping, fleshy hole in my calf, about four inches long and two inches wide, crawling with MAGGOTS!! I could feel them squirming around in my flesh and I tried to shake them out, but many still remained, squirming, eating, thriving.

I came to the realization that I would have to put up with feeling them inside me until I could seek help at the local hospital, and as I made progress in that direction the hole seemed to get bigger very quickly and I wondered if I would be able to save my leg. After all, maggots eat dead flesh, and they were in my leg, so I must have some problem that could require amputation.

That was my dream last night. At least what I could remember, it kind of overshadowed any other dreams I had. Weird. I wonder what it meant?

I heard from other people saying that dreams are usually opposite of what the reality is...but then...what could the opposite of getting eaten up by maggots....?

I think it means you should check your legs more frequently for possible problems, before they get too far advanced.

Originally posted by Norm
    I think it means you should check your legs more frequently for possible problems, before they get too far advanced.
    I check my middle leg quite frequently, for tensile strength, should I be checking the other two?

They say that the hands on method works best

Dreams have got to be the strangest thing that us humans endure. I have a recurring dream of being chased by gangs throwing all kinds of weapons at me. From knives and ninja stars to weapons I made up in my dream. Every so often I hide around some corner and pull all these weapons out of my body, then run again LOL What a weird dream it is.

I love the dreams where I know I'm dreaming, and can take control. Flying is about the best recurring dream I have. too bad it can't be done when I'm awake.

They say that the hands on method works best

Dreams have got to be the strangest thing that us humans endure. I have a recurring dream of being chased by gangs throwing all kinds of weapons at me. From knives and ninja stars to weapons I made up in my dream. Every so often I hide around some corner and pull all these weapons out of my body, then run again LOL What a weird dream it is.

I love the dreams where I know I'm dreaming, and can take control. Flying is about the best recurring dream I have. too bad it can't be done when I'm awake.
    Wow, that's an interesting recurring dream. I also have a recurring dream, and it involves one of two things: a tornado that I'm trying to evade, or I witness the beginning of the end of the world by nuclear means. The "Oh *****" feeling I get when I see the first mushroom cloud in the distance haunts me even when I'm awake, it's happened so often and I recall them all quite clearly.

Interesting, too, that you've had dreams where you realized you're dreaming and just go wild and have fun. That's happened a few times with me but not as often as I'd like! It is so darn cool when it does happen though.

I hear you can do it when you're awake, but you might get arrested for it. Something about "microdot."

The worst dreams for me are the ones where I get some, cause I always wake up before I get any.
    LOL It's true, I ALWAYS wake up before I make the home run. Damn.

One thing that is different from when I was a kid though. Even in the most scary dreams, I don't get so scared. I can remember as a kid being frozen, not able to run I was so scared. Always wondered about that, why I don't get frozen with fear anymore.

The worst dreams for me are the ones where I get some, cause I always wake up before I get any.
    LOL It's true, I ALWAYS wake up before I make the home run. Damn.

One thing that is different from when I was a kid though. Even in the most scary dreams, I don't get so scared. I can remember as a kid being frozen, not able to run I was so scared. Always wondered about that, why I don't get frozen with fear anymore.
    When all your fears have become a reality, there's nothing left to fear.

I have had dreams where I go all the way, sometimes with several women in succession, so I know it can happen. At first I think I was holding myself back somehow, because I would do the same thing as you, not.....quite.....make it, but then something happened and it's not a problem any more. Man, it's cool as hell too, especially when you combine it with the "Hey I'm dreaming" aspect and just go off! Too much fun!!

I have a re-occuring dream where my famliy gets killed, right infront of me and I can't do anything about it.

Some of my dreams are the weirdest damn thing, It's like I'm not dreaming, and am awake, swimming out in the pool, talking to friends or parents. When I wake up I go eat and whatever. Then the day will turn out to be exactly what happened in my dream.

All day long I'm asking my mom or whoever if we had had this conversation, and they are like "uhhh nope". I know what they are going to say sometimes, and it is the weirdest damn feeling..

I've had another reocuring dream that I am a tail gunner in world war 2, and I have no friggin idea why, my grampa was a tail gunner, he didnt get shot down though, and I always do. In my dream I am fighting the Germans I guess, I get shot down, and I see myself over my dead body.. Weird, yes.

I used to write down my dreams right after I woke up, so they were still fresh in my mind..

And then there is this other reocurring dream, with many supermodels, hmmmmmm. That occurs every night, about four or five different ones, lol.

Blog Entries
    Hi ghost

Here's a Dream Dictionary explanation???

Maggot

A maggot is a filthy, loathsome, little thing that turns into a filthy, annoying fly, and as such it is representative of someone in your life, or someone you know well, who is lazy and good for nothing, and who may be leeching off your generosity. Search the rest of your dream and you will be able to pinpoint the whole warning.

http://www.sleeps.com/dictionary/mmm.html

========

regards

minir

ok, i wasnt going to post this but how frickin ironic... a dream thread...i have become an addict...to speedguide...cuz now im dreamin about it...was kinda weird ...guess it was all the quakecom stuff thats been posted cuz we all met up at like a speedguidecon or something...everyone was there...the usuals ghost, LT, Noevo, Silver, EA, Brent, Mikemean,ppl i never even heard of but there was this one person ive never heard of and there name was something like Pez or pe something i cant remember, but they were like guest of honor, oh yeah and (yer gonna laff and point fingers) JCOS was there and it was like his name and the thingy under his name the admiral sandecker was on a scrolling marquee in my vision like a hud system... then i woke up was really weird
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version

I just had the best dream I have ever had in my life, but since this is pg-13 I can't go into details. Damn it was good.

Woke up, thought it was true, then was like God damn, it's not the slightest bit true.

I had a strange dream last night too

I lived in NYC and was riding my bike around the city and knew it well like i had always lived there... and a friend of mine came there and didn't know the place well but I did and felt good that I knew it well, and it seemed small to me, not big like it reallyl is because i knew it well... i felt very connected to NYC in the dream...

i don't know what it means though

Ahhh that dream I had is so pissing me off that it isn't real, I still have the whole dream completely in my head.. God its awful, all the women ahhhhh

Minir - thanks for the link. I think the maggots represent my feelings that I don't want to become a leech on someone else, since no one is leeching off me.

Mutch - you need a girlfriend, dude. But I think it's cool that you can do the deja vu thing frequently. Might save your ass one day.

Brent - NYC is merely a representation of your penis. You know it well.

Bastid - you may need to take a break from SG.

John - sorry, next time I'll dream of condiments and post them, heh.