Thread: Can you batch unzip files?

Post Can you batch unzip files?

Hey there.

Is there a way to unzip several zipped files at once, or automatically have a new one unzip after the prior one finishes?

I use WinZip 7.0

Found another good site with live tunes, but they're zipped, and multiple unzips gets boring after a while.

Any ideas? Can I create a batch file in DOS (I doubt it). Is there an option in WinZip to unzip a folder's worth of zipped files?

Hmmm, I know that RAR compressed files can be unzipped all at once, but I'm not sure about ZIP files.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Winrar will unzip multiple .zip files at once

[ 04-06-2001: Message edited by: bug ]
    Keyboard not found - Press F1 to continue.....

Originally posted by bug:
    Winrar will unzip mutliple .zip files at once
    Cool, I never tried it, I only mess with RAR files now. The compression algorithm for RAR is soooooo much better than ZIP.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Thanks for the replies.

I went to the WinZip site and actually found help

All the zipped files are in a seperate folder. From Windows Explorer you simply drag all the zipped files into the target folder with a right click. Instead of move or copy, slect "Extract To..."

Easy as pie.

Wink

Winace will also let you do this

Had to look for alternatives because of... well, multiple volume zipped... stuff, hhehehhe
    ex-WoW-addict

Exclamation

Use winace http://www.winace.com version 2.0 install it leave all options alone, restart go to your zips highlight them all, right click and select Extract Selected Files, extracts unlimited number of files at once.