Thread: I hope you all know

Panama City, FL and a FAN of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bud Chevy & NASCAR , and the Atlanta Braves

Arrow I hope you all know

Last month they're was a update to Cachman version 5.11

I don't use it anymore.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

Something to remember when using apps such as this - they are useless. Seriously, I'm not trying to put down the app but they were ok to use in 98 & ME which had terrible memory management but even then you could do the tweaks manually. All these apps do is set your icon cache, hd cache, name cache etc. - ALL easy manual tweaks. And as I always say.... just use X-Setup and the main reasn for saying that is so that there is no room for error, you check a box or fill in a number and it's done... properly. That is ALL these apps do - nothing more, so why have something running in the background using resources when your goal is to FREE resources?
    Help & Tips broadbandnuts.com - CableNut Tcp/Ip Analyzer TCPOptimizer drtweak.com - Dr Tweak

Panama City, FL and a FAN of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bud Chevy & NASCAR , and the Atlanta Braves
    They are not useless, adds 4 to 5 KB's to mine plus the ability to recover all RAM anytime

If you have as much RAM as most people do these days (384MB +) then what in the world is freeing up 10MB going to do..... nothing, Windows by default uses virtual memory or page file memory and never uses ALL of it's physical memory unless you have hardly any which I already said most people have a allot of it. My point is not to put you down Lobo it's just to get people to see what an app does prior to using it, if one understands how and why it works they may opt to tweak things themselves. To give you an example of RAM utilization, I have 512MB and I never use more than maybe 40% of my physical memory unless I'm using an app like Photoshop, so why would I need to worry about freeing up 10 or even 20MB more?
    Help & Tips broadbandnuts.com - CableNut Tcp/Ip Analyzer TCPOptimizer drtweak.com - Dr Tweak

Do as you wish Suh