Thread: Does geforce 3 suck?

Does geforce 3 suck?

WEll ti200? Is this classed as a lower end card now?

stock yes, overclocked, midrangish, also with asking this after ATI's know one has been unvealed kinda throws it and all GF3s down the list, while they still run the games right, if ur looking for a new card cuz of performance adn stuff i'd wait, cuz if u got the best right now, by the time a game was made to use it, there would be 2 newer cards that would kill the purchase u made.

overall u should really just save the cash up for a dual channel ddr mobo and 478 P4 CPU.

i get about the same 3dmark score as u on my athlon system and it runs games fine, best thign u can do is read in ur manual or ask another P4 user how to adjust ur memory speed to 133mhz(not fsb)

Folding Thunder
    Look at my sig mutch. my card rocks! and for the price i got it, it's the shiznit! Waiting to get a gf4, but for now, i'm very happy with it!

I got the this card cuz the gf4 was too expensive for me at the time. All and all, it's a great card. My games are awsome. I gotta admit, with this board and the ram i have, i've got it to it's max. i know once i get my new mobo, ddr ram, i'll get a better score in 3Dmark and the gf4 will drop even further in price .

Either Ti4200 or Ti4600

I have a low end Geforce 2 GTS with 32mb ddr heh

still going fine for me. Im waiting for Radeon 9700 to go mainstream to watch prices fall and buy me a ti4200 or a 8500

I wish my family, and I weren't so stupid.. it would have saved me alot of grief when I bought this computer.. UGH UGH UGH

Folding Thunder
    Originally posted by Mutch
    I wish my family, and I weren't so stupid.. it would have saved me alot of grief when I bought this computer.. UGH UGH UGH
    Take it easy dude, rome was'nt built in a day. There's always room for improvement. Just b4 you go out and buy anything , ask around and read the reviews too. We're here ta help ya out !

Home of the SEC and Sugar Bowl Champions!
    aagiants...dont get a 8500 or 4200..just go with the 9700..thats why god made credit cards..put it on your visa for goodness sakes..

--Docsta :2cool:

Originally posted by Docsta
    aagiants...dont get a 8500 or 4200..just go with the 9700..thats why god made credit cards..put it on your visa for goodness sakes..

--Docsta :2cool:
    i work part time as a receptionist makin 8.88 an hour, im 16 and have expenses such as a girlfriend lol, I save what i can cna i only buy when things are cheap lol. I aint got a CC, well i Gas CC at least

My card sucks.
    "I was once banned from a bookstore for moving all the bibles to fiction"

Does voodoo suck???
    yes

Did it suck when it was new
    Hells no, that ish was the bomb.....

highs.... mids.... lo's.....

geforce3 is at the mids i would say....

its all about how much money you got and if you are willing to wait for that next generation or blow it all now..... or wait and buy the cheaper one.....

geforce 3's didnt have much time to perform i do believe.... they were quickly overwhelmed by the 8500's and the g4's

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

Re: Does geforce 3 suck?

Originally posted by Mutch
    WEll ti200? Is this classed as a lower end card now?
    Well, yeah, it's two generations old. The GF4's are current now, and at the end of their product life....few more months the next generation will be out.

Not too unlike asking if a Pentium II is classed low end CPU now.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Credit Cards are evil.

I am $26,000 in debt because of them, better not to use one.

Look at my SIG, my GF3 is overclocked a bit

stock I get about a 5,000 somthing score.

I want to get the new ATI 9700 card when it comes out.

My~Rig
    |Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Toledo 2.0GHz @ 2.5Ghz||ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2||OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200|ZALMAN 120MM CNPS7700-CU|
    |ATI XT 1600 PRO|CSB SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1||WD SE16 SATA 320GB HD|Hitachi SATA 160GB HD|Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX 430W Power Supply |WIN 7 Ultimate| (College Budget)

Hey, look on the bright side... at least you don't have my setup. I have an ECS motherboard with NO AGP slot! It has the SiS 630/730 chipset and just plain sucks... (serves me right for buying a premade computer off TV, but still). I'm kinda looking for a decent video card that is designed for a PCI slot... any suggestions would be welcome...
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum
    2x512 Corsair TwinX pc3200 in Dual Channel
    Chaintech GeForce 6600gt
    NEC ND3520 Dual-layer Burner
    2x80GB Seagate SATA HDD
    AeroCool JetMaster Case (black)
    Athena Power 500w PSU

Originally posted by aagiants
    Im waiting for Radeon 9700 to go mainstream to watch prices fall and buy me a ti4200 or a 8500
    Yupie, just got a Ti4200 for my friend and scored an 9521 on 3Dmark with XP1800+ no OCin' hehe