Thread: Post abstract pic's thread..........warning..maybe large pics..

Post abstract pic thread..........warning..maybe large pics..

Here's a pic of a couple of wine casks. I shot this with ASA 100 Kodac film, a 50 mm lens set with an aperture of 1.8, at a speed setting of a full second.
    This shot was actually hand held. I propped myself up against a wall and wrapped the camera strap around my hand to help steady it. I was surprised it turned out at all.

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

NIce sig.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

What an awesome pic!

<right click> Save as....

Thanks and nice work, I love the setting & mood of the pic!

Originally posted by ghost
    What an awesome pic!

<right click> Save as....

Thanks and nice work, I love the setting & mood of the pic!
    Thanks Ghost! The pic was taken at the Stone Hill Winery in Hermann Missouri.

Come on SGer's. Lets see them pics.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

Originally posted by downhill

Thanks Ghost! The pic was taken at the Stone Hill Winery in Harmon Missouri.

Barbara and I have visited many wineries here in VA, but never saw any cool cellars like that.

I have some artistic pics, I've been using a 35mm camera since I was 14 (now 38). I started out with my grandfather's old Voigtlander Bessamatic! Totally manual, like the Pentax K1000. Great camera, too bad I no longer have it.

Problem is, the artistic pics I have are hard copies. One day I'll get a scanner.

Thanks Ghost! The pic was taken at the Stone Hill Winery in Harmon Missouri.

where's Hermann?

Howdy Bala....

I took the liberty of spelling it right. LOL

It's east of Jefferson City, and south of I70. Right on the Missouri river.

Take the road from Linn going north...that's all I know..my sister lives on that road. On a hill top over looking north toward the river and that new (87) Nuke plant.

downhill your pic is very cool. i'm a picture-taking amateur but here's my best one.

oops i didn't see the abstract part of the title sorry

Howdy Bala....

I took the liberty of spelling it right. LOL
    LOL
    I was just wondering where it was...

didn't know there was anything to do in the state of 'misery'

What? Nobody has any cool pics of ummm....things?

Strange.

What? Nobody has any cool pics of ummm....things?
    I have many but they are all 16x20 prints. I'm holding one up to the monitor now... Can you all see it OK?
    "Mr President, you have big balls" - Dominica prime minister Eugenia Charles to Ronald Reagan after the invasion of Grenada, 1983

"We win and they lose. What do you think of that?" - Ronald Reagan, 1977