Thread: AOL/Time Warner

cornbread

Thumbs down AOL/Time Warner

i think we're screwed...or is it just me.

Prey521

It's not just you

------------------

Zmoney

whats bad about the merger??..i guess i dont know what this merge means....help??

fanta

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zmoney:
    whats bad about the merger??..i guess i dont know what this merge means....help??</font>
    The only bad thing is that AOL subscribers are going to fill up RR nodes now
    In the long run it will be a good thing though because AOL is going to lease out their cable lines to other ISPs so that WE will have a choice in cable internet service providers
    Of course AOL can always screw us somehow...so we should all pay attention at their every move now that the merger is complete.
    Hey Prey how does it feel to be an AOLer now??? lmao
    dont worry I'm an AOLer now too.
    Who's ever thunk AOL would invade us???
    Cant they just go away....?

------------------

"If ignorance is bliss, then slap the smile off my face"

John

HAHA! Look at the AOL'ers!

HalfLifer

&lt;spits out chocolate milk&gt;

LOL!!!!

sitosterol

Sorry, I have ta smile too

------------------

Cpt-Sullen

I personally don't even like the name AOL!!! I used to have compuserve/which is the same as AOL, It sucked. Then when i got RR I had to format my HD to get rid of all crap and settings AOL put in my comp.

AOL SUKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roody

Talking

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Prey521:
    It's not just you

</font>
    That is a hilarious pic Prey. Good work with the logo

------------------

Unreal Tournament Etc; Clan : GanGreen

cornbread

i had AOL when i first bought my computer. my brother was like "no, no...you're selling your soul, don't do it"
    finally i realized he was right. when i hear AOL, i get this dizzy feeling...and then i throw-up. i now have @home, which at times makes me sick too.
    later all

[This message has been edited by cornbread (edited 01-16-2001).]

jdblitz

I like @ home as far as cable modems go but I would rather be like 500 feet from a 7Mbps Sdsl cco. heheheh I would get like 5Mbps up and down!!! heheheh, my new house is like less than 50 yards away from my node!!! hey indyost, if you read this, if your ever @ aymans house go look @ my site and find the node, its right around the corner! lol.

JD

maybe I will go DSL now or something, cause anything in my opinion that AOL touches sucks. but its just my opinion.

Thanks 137

------------------
    icq 104145458

jdblitz

well, i'll tell ya, roadrunner speeds are gonna hit the toilet. You are gonna have all that aol BS overhead software runnin on like 45 pc per node on top of your regular node usage which is gonna suck hella bandwidth right from your pc durin peak aol user time. That is assuming that your node fills to almost capacity. I cant imagine all those aol'ers usin up cable modem bandwidth. geezus the I-net is likely to come to a screeching halt! hehehe jk. but seriously i feel for you guyz usin rr.

JD

IndyOST

Red face

Ooohh, I bet the hackers are drooling over the prospect of aol users being online all the time with their cable connections...AOL 6 is so horrendous when it comes to security that it probably won't take much effort to get into someones system....plus the fact that it'll be an unsecure system up 24/7/365...

------------------
    Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.
    My small part of the Web