Thread: System performance, avatar

System performance, avatar

Hey there team mates. I'm pretty sure I've got my systems tweaked out so that there is Nada running in the background. I checked every nook and cranny (my SOP) so there aint nothin' loaded that doesn't need to be loaded. Any other suggestions for MAX folding power? How much more horsepower can I get if I go nuts on cooling my processor? I'm thinking something short of putting my systems in the fridge.

Also, where can I send an image for an avatar? I have something simple to use as I'm a bit shameful of that stupid paper bag on my melon... Ken? Please help.

Folding Thunder
    Hiya Webbs!

Good to know ur rig is runnin at it's best. If you want to get it runnin faster, sounds to me like you wanna overclock.It's gonna take some practice plus a few xtra bucks so if you wanna go that route and need some advise on what exactly you wanna do, just lets us know and we'll be more that happy to help ya out!

As far as the avatar, if you have an image and it's too big, just post it up on the forum and someone will re-size it for ya

Keep on Folding!

Re: System performance, avatar

Originally posted by Weber48IDA
    Hey there team mates. I'm pretty sure I've got my systems tweaked out so that there is Nada running in the background. I checked every nook and cranny (my SOP) so there aint nothin' loaded that doesn't need to be loaded. Any other suggestions for MAX folding power? How much more horsepower can I get if I go nuts on cooling my processor? I'm thinking something short of putting my systems in the fridge.

Also, where can I send an image for an avatar? I have something simple to use as I'm a bit shameful of that stupid paper bag on my melon... Ken? Please help.

Ken is probably the guy you need, or a mod they can hook you up with your av.
    Respect it.

Re: System performance, avatar

Originally posted by Weber48IDA

Hey Weber,
    The hardware forum can help you with OverClocking. With proper cooling you can push your cpu faster, however there is risks involved...

I will be happy to resize and load an avatar for you! Either send me a link of the pic or email it to me and I will fix it for you...