Thread: I want a newer car

I want a newer car

I want a 6th gen Celica GT

i really want a 7 gen, but cannot afford it

i can afford a 6th gen though if i sell my current car

i found someone selling a 1996 Celica GT with the specs i want for $6700 here, I 'm gonna take a look at it tomorow...

How much you think I can get for my car?

1993 Celica GT 2 Door Coupe
    Black with Spoiler
    150,000 miles
    Excellent Condition
    15" custom alloy wheels and new tires
    tinted windows
    cd player
    automatic
    new speakers
    sliding sun roof
    piaa h4 super plasma headlights
    piaa h3 super plasma fog lights
    full size spare
    very clean
    just got a new timing belt
    has had a tuneup and regular oil changes
    transmission fluid changed recently
    radiator flushed recently
    runs very smooth and peppy, drives great

"Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Keep yers, save money. Cars are a horrid money pit.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

i agree with brembo.

your car looks very clean and nice from the picture, still a real head turner with those rims too.

if the car runs good and drives good, i'd keep that for a couple years yet until you can afford your 7th gen or whatever.

like i bought a car like last month, and since i wanted a new car, i was just getting tired of my current car. but i was impatient, and bought something that was more trouble then it's worth, while my other car was still perfectly fine.

so really, if you can get a better car, then go for it. but first decide if you really need to get rid of your current car.

trust them..they're right..i came so close to buying a brand new altima...bad move it woulda been..i'm 18 and 22k in debt isn't what i need

We can trade cars Brent- I will trade you my honda and I will take your Celica for the rest of the summer. When you get your old car back you will be excited and love your car again. (pre warning the rattleing in the back I am not sure what that is but theres nothing back there that should rattle)
    I am awesome.

I know how it is when you're not really happy with your ride. I've been there in the past. Now I have a car I love to drive every time I get in it and I'm still not tired of it after 7 years!

You won't be satisfied until you're in the same boat, because it seems you like cars too. People that just use them as Point A to Point B transportation have it easy, they can just drive a POS and be happy, but that's not you. Cars mean a LOT to some people and often it means more when you're young, so I don't thnk you're going to heed the sensible advice about keeping the Celica. You're like me in this regard I suspect, sensible and cars don't mix. Other aspects of my life I'm more sensible about, but not when it comes to my car - then all bets are off.

That said, check out the Blue Book value at http://www.Edmunds.com (I believe). There may be other links to help determine the value of your current ride.

I hope you do get another car. Sounds like it will make you happy. If you can chunk down some money on the newer one, maybe the payments will be similar to the one you have now. Something to look into, at least.

www.kbb.com actually
    Originally posted by UnitedWeStand Don't go walking up to her and say "I just had a vasectomy wanna celebrate?
    Originally posted by EvilAngel Actually Kitten just got the sonagram done and the doc thought it was twins at first, but soon realized that it was the boys pen1s laying next to him....lol
    Said by XSeanX on AIM I wish girls were a lot easier
    Originally posted by Needlefreak May the fleas of a thousand taliban camels feast happily on your lower region..
    Originally posted by Jim Heart attack on a bun?

Originally posted by UnitedWeStand Don't go walking up to her and say "I just had a vasectomy wanna celebrate?
    Originally posted by EvilAngel Actually Kitten just got the sonagram done and the doc thought it was twins at first, but soon realized that it was the boys pen1s laying next to him....lol
    Said by XSeanX on AIM I wish girls were a lot easier
    Originally posted by Needlefreak May the fleas of a thousand taliban camels feast happily on your lower region..
    Originally posted by Jim Heart attack on a bun?