Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This forum is real to me, these are my friends.....(a rant)

I am a newbie here, but in the short time I have been here I have been amazed at the support people give each other. If someone is going through troubles they get honest advice, and some s.a. remarks but they are usually to lighten the situation. I don't see that many people posting replies that are just mean spirited shlt talking, there are a few but it is just a FEW compared to most here who honestly just want to help another human out. Since we don't know each other face to face there is not really anybody helping each other to help themselves, it is just in the spirit of making temselves feel a little better, not for any power or monetary gain. I am impressed by the majority here. By the way I don't agree with a bit of what I read here, but when I look at all a person says, they are almost allways good folks in the big picture. Not the way it is normally used but it is a good saying "Celebrate Diversity!" and continue supporting each other.
    Oh yeah your words were well put Round Eye!

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana

Cool

Thanks everyone for your support. I was really hoping that I was not the only one that felt this way when I hit the submit button.

I got a PM from one member saying "I was taken aback by seeing you use your actual name". While I prefer not to use my real name on a regular basis, I thought it would add to the sincerity of my post.

I know we all won't agree on everything all the time, but I don't think a person has the right to come to this forum and insult people on a regular basis, just because it's "the Internet".

I have had disagreements with people here from time to time, but it was just that "a disagreement".

I guess we just need to let newbies know not to come here and make an ass of themselves and other members here.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Eh....my name is Dan, but I respond to ******* or moron much better.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Well said I don't think I have seen a forum/community that holds together as well as Speedguide. It is nice knowing that if you are uncertain about something or you have an idea that you can bounce it off of a few people. I know I have thought about a lot of things and just didn't want to bring them up (and some I have forgotten now) but now I feel that I might be able to bring up issues in the future and get an honest response from people who actually do care even though they may not interact with me physically on a day to day basis.

~Brandon

Originally posted by brembo
    Eh....my name is Dan, but I respond to ******* or moron much better.
    Would you please quit taking all of my second names.

Originally posted by RoundEye
    I guess we just need to let newbies know not to come here and make an ass of themselves and other members here.
    I can make an ass of myself thankyou...

Originally posted by ghost

What a noob.
    got to start somewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song

RoundEye, you didn't copy/paste that post from any help file.

Well said.

Quote:
    "I have had disagreements with people here from time to time, but it was just that "a disagreement".

A large group of people cannot always agree. Sometimes the effort to be civil is put aside and emotion takes over. Understandable too, we're all human.
    We are all capable of making mistakes, and should learn from them. I hope I have learned a few things from some of the mistakes I've made.

In jz's case if he would say a few happy thoughts, or help in some of the forums, it may go a long way to getting back some respect. Continuos negativism without other positive traits to balance his act will only serve to push people away.
    Just a thought.

Forgiving is something we should all practice.

if i knock her up again i will name the kid tobey if its a boy or a girl the name will be "Tobey" , but definastely not "roundeye" thats sick.

* hugs roundeyes leg throws a few pelvic thrusts and screems" I luv you Man!"

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

Very nice post buddy!

-Michael

*claps*

That's why you're a respected member.

-Steven

Originally posted by Randy
    if i knock her up again i will name the kid tobey if its a boy or a girl the name will be "Tobey" , but definastely not "roundeye" thats sick.

* hugs roundeyes leg throws a few pelvic thrusts and screems" I luv you Man!"
    ROOFLE....
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song

Wow,

dats a good post ... i feel the same way 2 dude! Now ur cool !!! (not to say that u werent b4 )

-MATT

nice post Roundeye.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

I am not even gonna read the whole thread because my head hurts from the painkillers i took for my knee.. I will say a few things though.. You all have been here for me when I needed you. I love all of ya, and am glad that Crump introduced me to you all in September. I think you are all a bunch of wonderful smart indviduals, and it is like a family here. Thank you
    I am awesome.

Originally posted by Annalysa
    I am not even gonna read the whole thread because my head hurts from the painkillers i took for my knee.. I will say a few things though.. You all have been here for me when I needed you. I love all of ya, and am glad that Crump introduced me to you all in September. I think you are all a bunch of wonderful smart indviduals, and it is like a family here. Thank you
    Come here you big sexy woman you! *SMOOCH*

Sure Mike!!!!

I am awesome.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    .....hugs roundeyes leg throws a few pelvic thrusts and screems" I luv you Man!"......
    Get off of my leg you perverted little rodent!. You're getting hair and some kind of goo on my clothes.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

*lights cigarrete*; *blows smoke rings and sighs "good thread"*

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

*lights cigarrete*; *blows smoke rings and sighs "good thread"*
    *readies JC HIggins .270*

....carefully the wiley redneck places the HPBT shell in the magazine, and racks the finely tuned 120 grain projectile into the chamber. The bolt closes with a reassuring thud. Slowing his breathing to slow the quivering cross-hairs, the safety is pulled back, slow even pressure is applied to the trigger. Suddenly the primer ignites and the sleek bullet is whipped out of the rifle at 3000 feet per second. The 1 in 10 rifling imparting a radical spin to stabilize the flight.The rodent knows noting, as the bullet will reach his twitching ear before the sound does. Suddenly the marmot spies a Molson and ducks into his burrow, and the bullet causes a puff of dust 50' behind the entrance. Rodent wonders what that was, and then shags his mate.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.