Thread: Ram upgrade question

Ram upgrade question

I have recently bought 512 mb pc2100 ram from an online dealer, when i installed it with my other 256 it shows up on the bios and startup screen, but after the bootup into xp it the computer would freeze for no reason. Then i would try to install wtih just the 512 in and it would freeze on the screen with the tables and system info after the accessibilty to bios screen. any ideas? someone told me bout changin hz speeds or something but im not gonna mess with anything til i get a few opinions.
    http://janus.weareafk.com/Image%20Ho...ures/sig_1.gif

Epox 8RDA+|2500+ Barton|1gb Corsair XMS (PC3200)|Total HD Space: 420 Gig|OS: Windows XP Corp|AGP: Radeon 9800 pro 128mb|LiteOn CDRW(48x);DVD(8x)|Klipsh Pro-Media 4.1 Speakers

sounds like your 512 stick of ram is bad...try puting in the 512 in first then the 256 in the second one...if your still having problems you will have to return you 512 stick of ram
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilog B
    Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.

Originally posted by nightowl
    sounds like your 512 stick of ram is bad...try puting in the 512 in first then the 256 in the second one...if your still having problems you will have to return you 512 stick of ram
    What he said.

Originally posted by MadDoctor
    What he said.
    post wh0re
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilog B
    Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.

It could be a bad stick...

Let me send you to hardware and see what they think...

Big time. (spam too) w00t

relax the timings on the memory..run it at cas 3..see if it is more stable, also try pumping the voltage up to 2.6 or 2.7

rgr thanks.
    http://janus.weareafk.com/Image%20Ho...ures/sig_1.gif

Epox 8RDA+|2500+ Barton|1gb Corsair XMS (PC3200)|Total HD Space: 420 Gig|OS: Windows XP Corp|AGP: Radeon 9800 pro 128mb|LiteOn CDRW(48x);DVD(8x)|Klipsh Pro-Media 4.1 Speakers

SG Enthusiast
    I had a similar problem with a 512mb stick I bought for my computer...after a while it started doing wierd things, rebooting by itself, not wanting to boot, etc..

I pulled the info of the stick and found out it was a registered, ecc stick, my motherboard wasn't design for it. "talked" to the people I bought it from ( same place I bought the other components from) and got it replaced.

Worked fine after that.

I was actually surprised it ever worked at all.