Thread: Speedtests

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Panama City, FL and a FAN of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bud Chevy & NASCAR , and the Atlanta Braves

Thumbs up Speedtests

Speedtests:
    I am guilty of it too, online tests, while they are faster to do, they are not accurate, I'm ging back to the old way of downloading a file from a fast server.
    Last night I put RWIN in and it read 59 times faster than 56K, so I thought WOW, I then downloaded a file (3 times) from a fast server, the highest I got was 60KB's, I live in FL and get higher online readings from CA than Atlanta, GA. I just can't put any faith in online tests. There are too many of them, some tell you how fast you download a page, the 500KB tests, which are to small, people think they are flying and there not, the only way to really tell is download a large file from fast server and see what you get.

The Speakeasy site and the PC Pit Stop site are 2 good examples for me. My upstream rates show up much higher at the PC Pit Stop site than do at the Speakeasy site(which I tend to have more faith in).

Panama City, FL and a FAN of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bud Chevy & NASCAR , and the Atlanta Braves
    Maybe to see if your tweaking is going in the right way and even that is murky, still I am just going to use download test

Hehe, bandwidthplace.com

Your raw speed was 12359501.25 bits per second which is the same as:

Communications

12.4 megabits per second
    How communication devices are rated. Kilo means 1,000 and mega means 1,000,000. Examples include 56k modem and 10Mbit Ethernet

Storage

1.5 megabytes per second
    The way data is measured on your hard drive and how file sharing and FTP programs measure transfer speeds. Kilo is 1,024 and mega is 1,048,576.

1MB file download

0.7 seconds
    The time it would take you to download a 1 megabyte file at this speed.

Ummm yes please.

Back button

Back button in action

81.2 megabits per second

Run the test again Discuss in the forum
    Details

Your raw speed was 81248524.59 bits per second which is the same as:

Communications

81.2 megabits per second
    How communication devices are rated. Kilo means 1,000 and mega means 1,000,000. Examples include 56k modem and 10Mbit Ethernet

Storage

9.7 megabytes per second
    The way data is measured on your hard drive and how file sharing and FTP programs measure transfer speeds. Kilo is 1,024 and mega is 1,048,576.

1MB file download

0.1 seconds
    The time it would take you to download a 1 megabyte file at this speed.

Rating

Compared to all connection types worldwide, yours is fantastic