Thread: Best XBOX hack evar!

Best XBOX hack evar!

Hm...I didn't get to see too much, but I think I just saw a pretty cool XBOX hack. A cousin of a friend, apparently has something to do with this, and he had a fully hacked unit at his place. So I'm over there for a party today...

...anyway, I don't know half the crap he was doing, but here's what he explained to me. They figured out how to flash the bios on the xbox with a new one (or something along those lines), although I'm not sure if it requires a box that already has a mod chip. Either way, apparently, it wasn't anything TOO complicated. In the end, he showed me the XBOX running:

an FTP server
    games fully copied to the hard drive
    running the xbox as a server on his network (he mentioned DHCP or something here, but I don't really have a clue what that is)
    a new, larger, HD to replace the 8 gig one in it, partitioned as you like it
    DivX movies
    emulated games, from MAME, NES, SNES, even the N64
    and a new custom menu to do all this stuff within the console

Hopefully, I'll get the chance to play with this unit sometime soon, and he mentioned that whatever needs to be done will be online within a week or so. I pretty much scoffed at my friend's claims of a cool xbox hack, but after seeing this, unless there's some major trickery going on, I'm pretty much convinced, almost to the point of buying a second unit that I can screw around with. And I don't really know if this makes the ultimate idea of running Linux (or something) on an XBOX a strong possiblilty for the near future, but its interesting regardless.

In one word, "sweeeeet."

Uninsured for your health

Re: Best XBOX hack evar!

Originally posted by BIGJIMSLATE
    Hopefully, I'll get the chance to play with this unit sometime soon

In one word, "sweeeeet."
    I don't think we wanna know...

Sounds like a c00 unit, wouldn't mind checking info about how it was done...
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

There is a $200,000 US prize for the first person to get linux on an xbox legally you have to do a few other things to but that is the main part. You should tell your friend abotu it. I belive it is called the X box linux project.
    XP 1600+ @1606 Mhz, GIGABYTE Mobo WD 60GB 8MBc, 512 MB pc 2100 DDR, GF 2 Ultra, Win XP Pro, CDRWx40

War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things: The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings, which thinks nothing (is) worth a war, is worse.

-John Stuart Mill “The Contest in America”

Thumbs up

Damn, that sounds awesome!

I knew the XBOX was nothing more then a specialized computer.
    Defintely talk to your "connection" about that linux thing.

http://xbox-linux.sourceforge.net/

http://216.127.72.24/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

absoultly everything you need to know on the xbox. divx players/ wma/mp3 playerz. rips. bios hdd dvd drive memory.
    sg:broadband
    xbox hackerz:xbox

I smell a xbox with windows 95+ soon

My~Rig
    |Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Toledo 2.0GHz @ 2.5Ghz||ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2||OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200|ZALMAN 120MM CNPS7700-CU|
    |ATI XT 1600 PRO|CSB SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1||WD SE16 SATA 320GB HD|Hitachi SATA 160GB HD|Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX 430W Power Supply |WIN 7 Ultimate| (College Budget)